These green tea cocktails are smooth and delicious. Come discover what all the fuss is about with this list of green tea cocktail recipes, tips for using green tea in drink recipes, and snacks that go great with green tea cocktails!
People have cherished green tea for centuries for its delightful taste and appealing color. With the rise of green tea cocktails, there’s now a new and interesting way to enjoy the benefits of this versatile ingredient.
Green tea cocktails are often made with green tea, spirits, juices, and syrups, allowing for both simple and elaborate drinks to suit any occasion.
Green tea not only adds a pleasing color to cocktails, but it has a reputation as a healthful beverage, owing to its abundance of antioxidants and nutrients.
To get you started on your green tea mixology adventure, here are some of the best cocktail recipes you can prepare at home.
- Pick good tea. Use high-quality, organic, loose-leaf green tea for a better taste.
- Brew correctly. Brew green tea at 160-180°F (71-82°C) and let it cool before using.
- Infuse spirits. Add green tea leaves to spirits like vodka or gin for a deeper flavor.
- Use matcha. Matcha is a powdered green tea that adds color and antioxidants.
- Balance flavors. Green tea can be bitter, so balance it with sweet or fresh flavors like citrus fruits or mint.
- Use different forms. Green tea can be syrup, foam, or ice cubes for added flavor.
- Try different combos. Mix green tea with flavors like ginger, peach, or lemon for an exotic twist.
- Consider the cocktail type. Green tea can go into various cocktails like martinis or punches. Adjust the amount of tea depending on the cocktail type.
- Choose a good garnish. Use garnishes like lemon slices, mint, or matcha powder to make your green tea cocktail look and taste better.
Best Green Tea Cocktails
Whether you prefer sweet or savory, there’s a green tea cocktail in here that we think you’ll love.
This cocktail is a unique twist on the classic Kentucky Mule. The tea adds a touch of sweetness and lightness, while the mint and lemon provide a refreshing finish.
Ingredients include: Lemon cherry green tea, simple syrup, bourbon, mint leaf, and lemon slice.
This green tea cocktail combines the tart taste of apple cider with the earthy flavor of green tea and is spiked with vodka for a bit of a kick. It’s finished with a rim of black sugar for a touch of elegance.
Ingredients include: Green tea bags, ice, apple cider, vodka, and apple.
This savory cocktail is an innovative twist on the classic cocktail. The drink is infused with the delicate flavors of green tea and mixed with the zing of lime.
Ingredients include: Dry gin, green tea bags, lime juice, citrus syrup and lime wedges.
Ideal for a summer day or a Halloween party, this easy-to-make cocktail is blended until smooth and then served with giant ice cubes. It’s then garnished with mint, cucumbers, and a spooky skeleton.
Ingredients include: Green tea, cucumber, mint, lemon juice, and honey.
This version of margarita blends the earthy notes of matcha tea with the spicy kick of jalapeno peppers. It’s excellent for those who enjoy a bit of spice in their cocktails.
Ingredients include: Cucumber, jalapeno, matcha powder, lemon juice, and honey.
This beverage is straightforward. Simply steep green tea bags in hot water, add blueberry syrup, and chill. Enjoy it with a squeeze of lemon for an extra boost of flavor.
Ingredients include: Water, green tea bags, blueberry syrup, and ice.
This holiday drink isn’t only visually appealing but also offers a complex of flavors. The addition of whiskey provides a touch of warmth and complexity, and the club soda adds balance.
Ingredients include: Matcha green tea powder, sugar, lime, mint leaves, and whiskey.
This drink, made with only a few simple ingredients, provides both refreshing and comforting sensations in every sip. The earthy green tea pairs wonderfully with honey’s sweet aroma and vodka’s warmth.
Ingredients include: Green tea, vodka, lemon juice, and honey.
12. Matcha Highball
This Japanese-inspired cocktail showcases matcha powder. The green tea gives this drink a beautiful green hue and a subtle earthy taste that complements the whiskey. It’s served in a highball glass with club soda on top.
Ingredients include: Japanese whiskey, lemon juice, honey, green tea powder, and club soda.
This cocktail mixes the vibrant flavors of green tea and lime with the smooth and delicious taste of tequila. The Stirrings Organic Margarita Mixer also adds a sweet flavor to the drink.
Ingredients include: Tequila, green tea, lime wedge, lime wheel, and organic margarita mix.
14. Matcha Colada
The mix of matcha powder and creamy coconut milk shines in this tropical-inspired cocktail. It’s best served immediately, but you can also make the drink ahead of time.
Ingredients include: White rum, vanilla coconut beverage, matcha powder, and Grand Marnier.
15. Green Goddess
This cocktail stands out thanks to the addition of the homemade green goddess dressing. The dressing is creamy and flavorful at the same time, and it really makes the drink more enjoyable.
Ingredients include: Green tea, sugar, arugula, vodka, and cucumber.
Fun fact: Green tea contains caffeine but in lower amounts compared to coffee. You can buy Bigelow Decaf Green Tea on Amazon.
Here’s another green tea-based cocktail that’s easy to put together. The chia seeds give the drink a thick and creamy texture, while the strawberries add sweetness and flavor.
Ingredients include: Green tea bags, strawberries, chia seeds, ice cubes, and mint leaves.
Making this Honey Mint Green Ice Tea is quick and easy: steep the tea and mint, mix in honey, cool it and serve over ice. You can mix the drink in advance and keep it in your fridge for a few days.
Ingredients include: Honey, mint, vanilla extract, green tea, and boiling water.
Ginger and cantaloupe give this green tea cocktail a spicy, sweet twist. Serve the drink iced with cantaloupe garnish, and feel free to adjust the ginger and sugar to your own taste.
Ingredients include: Ginger, green tea bags, cantaloupe, sugar, and ice.
The Ginger Peach Green Tea combines the fresh flavor of green tea, the sweet note of peaches, and the kick of spicy ginger. Many people love its unique taste and possible health benefits.
Ingredients include: Ginger, maple syrup, green tea, mint, and peach.
15 Snacks That Go With Green Tea Cocktails
Here are some snack suggestions that pair beautifully with your favorite green tea mixed drinks:
- Sushi rolls. The flavors of sushi, especially those with avocado or cucumber, complement the freshness of a green tea cocktail.
- Edamame. These lightly salted soybeans are a traditional Japanese snack that pairs excellently with green tea cocktails.
- Cheese and crackers. Always a nice balance, especially a muenster or Manchego.
- Spring rolls. Whether they’re fresh or fried, spring rolls offer a mix of vegetables and protein that pairs well with green tea cocktails.
- Salted nuts. The saltiness and crunchiness of the nuts make them a perfect match for the refreshing green tea cocktail.
- Tempura vegetables. These lightly fried vegetables with a crisp coating create a nice contrast with your green tea cocktail.
- Steamed dumplings. Dumplings filled with vegetables, shrimp, or pork pair well with the light, refreshing nature of a green tea cocktail.
- Vegetable chips. Be it potato, sweet potato, or taro chips, these lightly salted snacks go nicely with green tea cocktails.
- Seaweed snacks. These light, crispy, and slightly salty snacks will complement the fresh flavor of a green tea cocktail.
- Shrimp tempura. The light and subtly sweet flavor of shrimp tempura blend with the fresh and slightly sweet flavor of green tea cocktails.
- Pretzel bites. Soft pretzel bites or pretzel rods can be a satisfying snack option.
- Popcorn. Opt for lightly salted or kettle corn popcorn to provide a savory and crunchy contrast to the smooth green tea cocktails.
- Rice crackers. Crunchy and flavorful rice crackers can be a satisfying snack alongside a green tea cocktail.
- Bruschetta. Toasted bread topped with fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic complements the delicate flavors of green tea.
- Jalapeño poppers. Spicy and cheesy jalapeño poppers offer a zingy and indulgent snack that can enhance the flavors of a green tea cocktail.
This punch, with its plant-like flavor and whiskey kick, suits both hot and cold servings for any season’s party. It’s easy to make, and you can change it to fit what you like.
Ingredients include: Green tea, lemon juice, ginger ale, honey, and mint leaves.
Green tea lends a fresh, earthy flavor to the drink, which is then brightened by mango and Cointreau. Its smoky mezcal flavor and appealing bright green color with mango and lime garnish make it stand out.
Ingredients include: Green tea bags, honey, mango chunks, mezcal, and lime juice.
With just a few ingredients, you can easily create this Green Tea Citrus Punch cocktail. Ideal for a hot summer day, this punch includes a light, refreshing mix of grassy tea and sweet citrus.
Ingredients include: Green tea bags, sugar, OJ, lemon juice, and orange slices.
The Matcha Yuzu Gin Fizz blends a culture fusion of earthy Japanese matcha, tart Asian yuzu, and herbal gin. Adding carbonated water provides a light, fizzy finish to the cocktail.
Ingredients include: Matcha, sugar, yuzu juice, gin, and tonic water.
The Pineapple Green Tea Martini stands out with sweet pineapple juice and green tea, all brightened by citrus juices and fresh mint. Its eye-catching yellow-green color brings it to a whole new level.
Ingredients include: Vodka, mint, pineapple juice, green tea, and orange.
The green tea cocktail recipe combines gin’s herbal taste with green tea’s slightly bitter note, creating a refreshing drink. It’s best enjoyed cold, served in a short or round glass.
Ingredients include: Lemon juice, simple syrup, green tea, gin, and liquor.
Jasmine Green Tea Mimosa has traditional mimosa flavors with the soothing taste of jasmine green tea. It also features a light floral taste, a sweet and tart kick from orange juice and simple syrup, and a bubbly finish from sparkling water.
Ingredients include: Orange juice, sparkling water, jasmine green tea, simple syrup, and hot water.
This cocktail mixes creamy White Russian with earthy, slightly sweet matcha tea. It’s ideal for those who enjoy both matcha and smooth, dessert-like cocktails.
Ingredients include: Whole milk, sugar, vanilla bean, vodka, and fresh cream.
Jasmine tea gives this martini a gentle floral taste, and the syrup of honey or sugar adds just the right sweet flavor. The drink suits a fancy dinner party or a fun night with friends.
Ingredients include: Jasmine green tea, ice cubes, vodka, honey, and jasmine flowers.
The bottom line
This compilation of green tea cocktails is a wonderful and refreshing way to experience green tea’s many benefits.
From the Mango Green Tea to Matcha Yuzu Gin Fizz to the Green Goddess and Green Tea Mojito, you’ll find green tea cocktails to match your every mood.
We have a Green Tea Cocktail, but it’s called that for the color, not the contents.
More About Green Tea
- Green Tea Kentucky Cousin Cocktail
- Vodka Spiked Iced Green Tea
- Apple-Green Tea Cocktail
- Green Tea Martini
- Green Tea Gimlet
- Gin Goblin-Green Tea & Cucumber Cocktail
- Matcha Jalapeno Margaritas
- Green Tea Mojito
- Blueberry Iced Green Tea
- St. Patrick's Day Green Tea Cocktail
- Hot Green Tea Cocktail With Vodka
- Matcha Highball
- Green Tea Margarita
- Matcha Colada
- Green Goddess
- Iced Chia Seed Strawberry Green Tea
- Honey Mint Green Iced Tea
- Iced Ginger Melon Green Tea
- Ginger Peach Green Tea
- Iced Pumpkin Green Tea Cocktail
- Green Tea & Irish Whiskey Punch
- Honey Green Tea & Mango Mezcalita
- Green Tea Citrus Punch
- Matcha Yuzu Gin Fizz
- Pineapple Green Tea Martini
- Gin & Green Tea Cocktail
- Jasmine Green Tea Mimosa
- Matcha Green Russian
- Mango Green Tea
- Golden Jasmine Martini
- Find your favorite drink from our Green Tea Cocktails list.
- Gather all the ingredients needed.
- If you love it, don't forget to share where you got it!