This is our air fryer radishes recipe. We flavor our roasted radishes with garlic and lemon.
It is truly amazing how the flavor of a radish transforms when it is roasted.
When you roast radishes, their sweet flavor comes out. There is still plenty of that peppery flavor that you expect but it is a lotr more mild.
Radishes are easily one of my favorite veggies. I tend to eat them raw as a midday snack.
It had never occurred to me to roast them in the oven until recently when I got on a kick of having oven roasted vegetables for lunch.
I love cooking anything that I possibly can in the air fryer. It feels easier to deal with in general.
Also, I live in Texas and it is hot here a lot. The air fryer doesn’t heat up the house like the oven does.
Another thing that I love about roasting radishes in the air fryer is that it only takes a minute or so for the air fryer to heat up.
Now, I do find cleaning the air fryer slightly annoying. I seem to struggle to get the basket clean but it is still easier than cleaning the oven.
The bottom line
Have you tried roasted radishes before? We’ve had them in a slow cooker stew, where they picked up all the savory beefy flavor like potatoes or turnips would.
I hope you get a chance to try this, just for the opportunity to experience how different these are when cooked. A bit like how a baked potato tastes NOTHING like a raw potato!
Just have too many radishes? Here’s our favorite way to store them to keep them fresh the longest.
- 2 c whole radishes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T ground rosemary
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1 t lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim away the radish greens and cut off the ends. Wash and dry the radishes, then cut them in half.
- Toss the radishes with all of the ingredients.
- Preheat the air fryer to 450F.
- Add the radishes to the air fryer basket.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Pause the air fryer and remove the basket. Using tongs to turn them or toss the radishes in the basket.
- Roast for an additional 8 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- Remove them from the air fryer and sprinkle with more salt, as desired.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g