These passion fruit cocktails are great recipes that spotlight this deliciously unusual fruit! Find out our favorites and tasty snacks that pair well with this list of passion fruit alcoholic drinks.
Passion fruit, also known as maracuja, is a tropical fruit that originates from South America.
Its taste is often considered a mix of citrus, mango, pineapple and other tropical notes. The fruit itself has a pulpy, gel-like interior filled with small, crisp, edible black seeds.
It boosts most spirits with its tropical kick. It also gives cocktails a refreshing twist and mixes well with spirits like rum, vodka, or tequila.
To get a jump on these unique passion fruit cocktails, we’ve gathered the best recipes here for you—ranging from timeless passion fruit mojitos to inventive passion fruit martinis.
- Enjoy #3 Spicy Passion Fruit Margaritas sweet, sour, and spicy flavors.
- #14 Passion Fruit Hurricane blends rum, citrus, and sweet-tangy passion fruit.
- Add a tropical twist to your usual iced tea with #22 Passion Fruit Iced Tea.
- #26 Passionfruit Swizzle Cocktail is a blend of passion fruit and rum.
- Experience the luxury of a #28 Passion Fruit French 75.
20 Snacks That Go Great With Passion Fruit Cocktails
A good passion fruit cocktail is best enjoyed with a scrumptious snack. Here are 20 snack ideas to pair up with your passion fruit cocktail:
- Cheese and crackers. Pair your cocktail with either mild or strong cheese, served with crackers and topped with fig jam or honey to balance its sweet flavor.
- Grilled shrimp. Grilled shrimp skewers with a spicy or citrusy marinade perfectly complement passionfruit cocktails.
- Chicken satay. Grilled chicken skewers with peanut sauce contrast the sweet, tangy passion fruit cocktail.
- Tropical fruit skewers. Skewered tropical fruits enhance the tropical flavor of the passionfruit cocktail.
- Mini tacos. Miniature tacos with shrimp, fish, or carnitas, seasoned with lime and spice, can complement your cocktail’s flavor. Our taco cups might do the trick.
- Ceviche. The fresh and citrusy seafood dish pairs well with the sweet and tart passionfruit cocktail.
- Spicy nuts. Roasted almonds or cashews offer a savory, crunchy contrast.
- Prosciutto-wrapped melon. The sweet melon and salty prosciutto pair well with the sweet-tart passionfruit cocktail.
- Coconut shrimp. The lightly breaded and fried shrimp with a coconut coating complement the tropical flavors of passionfruit.
- Sushi rolls. The fresh, light sushi rolls balance the sweet and tangy passion fruit cocktail nicely.
- Mango salsa and homemade tortilla chips. The mango salsa’s tropical flavor complements the passion fruit cocktail.
- Antipasto platter. Arrange a selection of cured meats, olives, marinated vegetables, and cheeses.
- Vegetable spring rolls. These light, fresh rolls complement a sweet cocktail nicely.
- Bruschetta. Toasted bread with tomatoes, basil, and garlic provides a savory contrast to a lightly sweet cocktail.
- Goat cheese and beetroot canapés. The earthy flavor of beetroot and creamy goat cheese balances a bold passionfruit cocktail.
- Crab cakes. Bite-sized crab cakes with tangy aioli go well with tropical passion fruit cocktails.
- Pineapple and ham skewers. These tropical skewers offer a balance of Hawaiian-inspired flavors, echoing the cocktail’s tropical notes.
- Jalapeno poppers. Cheesy, crisp, and spicy. Great off the grill.
- Smoked salmon blinis. Mini pancakes topped with smoked salmon, crème fraîche, and dill are a hearty pairing.
- Mini caprese skewers. Cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil leaves drizzled with balsamic reduction offer a refreshing counterpoint to passionfruit cocktails.
Best Passion Fruit Cocktails
Let’s start with the classic Passion Fruit Mojito.
This refreshing cocktail combines fresh passion fruit juice, rum, mint, and lime.
This drink finishes off with a sprig of mint or a slice of lime for an extra citrusy kick.
It is an excellent alternative to the classic mojito and can please even the most finicky drinkers.
Next up, we have the Passion Fruit Margarita!
This drink is refreshing and has an outstanding balance of sweetness and tartness.
To make a Passion Fruit Margarita, combine tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and passion fruit puree in a blender and blend until smooth.
You can use either fresh or frozen passion fruit and serve it on the rocks or straight up.
The Passion Fruit Margarita suits any occasion, whether you are having a casual get-together with friends or a formal dinner party.
Look no further if you want a tiny bit of spice in your Passion Fruit Margarita!
The Spicy Passion Fruit Margarita recipe adds a jalapeno to the mix, giving the drink a nice kick.
Add more jalapenos or habanero chili peppers for a more spicy drink.
The Spicy Passion Fruit Margarita is a real crowd pleaser, especially for people who like a little heat in their drinks.
It’s also an excellent choice for a summer cocktail because it’s light and refreshing.
For those who like their cocktails strong, we have the Passion Fruit Martini.
It is sweet, sour, and smooth all at the same time.
It combines vanilla vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, sparkling wine, passion fruit juice, puree, and liqueur.
When you serve it, expect to hear oohs and aahs from your guests!
This cocktail combines passion fruit juice, French vodka, sugar, and lime to create a tart and sweet drink that is sure to please.
Passion Fruit Caipiroska is an excellent choice for a summer party or BBQ, as it can be made in advance and served over ice.
The recipe is also flexible, so feel free to tweak it to suit your preferences!
So why not give Passion fruit caipiroska a try?
You may just find your new favorite party drink!
This cocktail recipe is a delightful concoction suitable for parties and special occasions.
It combines bourbon‘s smooth, rich flavor with the sweetness of passion fruit, resulting in a truly irresistible cocktail.
The beautiful crimson color of the drink also makes it a visual treat, and its festive appearance is sure to add a touch of elegance to any event.
Best of all, making this sophisticated drink is effortless, so even novice bartenders can create this drink with ease.
Passionate Cosmos, made with vodka, passion fruit juice, simple syrup, and lime juice, is a favorite party cocktail for many reasons.
It is refreshing and fruity, making it an excellent drink to enjoy on a hot summer day.
So whether you’re enjoying a night out with friends or hosting a party, be sure to try this cocktail.
Want to add a tropical twist to your next party?
Then Tropical Passion Sangria is the ultimate drink for you!
The flavor combination of white wine, coconut rum, pineapple simple syrup, and passion fruit juice is unbeatable.
Plus, creating it is no sweat!
Get a pitcher, mix all the ingredients, and you’re good!
Passion Fruit and Pineapple Sangria is always a hit at parties–everyone loves it!
If you’re looking for a fun and festive cocktail, this drink is for you!
Made with passion fruit puree, Prosecco, and orange juice, Passion Fruit Prosecco Mimosa is sure to please.
To tailor to your liking–add more passion fruit puree for a sweeter drink or a splash of club soda for a refreshing twist.
With the tart and juicy flavors of passion fruit, this cocktail can be the star of any party!
This sparkling libation features passion fruit juice, sparkling wine, and a dash of lemon juice.
It’s a light, refreshing drink that is awesome for sipping on a hot summer day.
Its unique flavor and effervescent personality will keep your guests coming back for more.
Passion fruit and vodka are a classic combination, and Batida De Maracuja is an excellent example of how well they work together.
To make this classic Brazilian cocktail, combine seedless passion fruit pulp, vodka, and sweetened condensed milk.
The result is a delicious, frothy drink that will make your guests pucker up–but in a good way!
Even with its sweet and romantic-sounding name, Broken Valentine Martinis is one of the “naughty” Passion Fruit Cocktails because of its high alcohol content.
It combines vodka, passion fruit, and champagne or prosecco.
Its name comes from red, which looks like a broken heart.
This tasty drink is perfect for any party or gathering and will surely be a hit with your guests.
Are you into smoky drinks?
Then you’ll love this one!
It mixes mezcal, passion fruit juice and pulp, fresh lime juice, and agave nectar.
The mezcal gives this cocktail a smoky flavor, balanced by the passion fruit’s sweetness and the lime juice’s acidity.
By looking at the name, you can tell that the Passion Fruit Hurricane is a solid and potent cocktail.
It features passion fruit vodka, white, dark, orange, pineapple, and grenadine.
Before serving, remember the hurricane glass!
It will not only help the Passion Fruit Hurricane look great—it will also keep your drink cold.
This cocktail is best served for any party or gathering and will surely be a hit with your guests.
Have you ever had a daiquiri that’s both tart and sweet?
Passion fruit is the best ingredient to add a unique twist to this classic cocktail.
Simply combine rum, passion fruit juice, Cointreau, lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender with ice and mix until smooth.
Passion Fruit Daiquiri can be served frozen or on the rock and then finished off with a slice of lime or a sprig of mint.
There’s nothing better than a refreshing and tasty Passion Fruit Daiquiri at a celebration.
What do you expect if you combine the sweetness of raspberries with the tartness of passion fruit?
You’ll get one refreshing drink called Passion Fruit Raspberry Cocktail!
It’s refreshing, it’s flavorful, and it looks beautiful when served in a glass.
The cocktail mixes passion fruit liquor, raspberry puree, and lemon juice.
Passion fruit has a unique flavor that is both sweet and tart, and the raspberry puree adds a lovely sweetness to the drink.
The lemon juice keeps the cocktail from being too sweet by balancing the sweetness.
Passion Fruit Raspberry Cocktail can be your go-to summertime drink, and it’s sure to please even the most discerning palate.
17. Passoa Bramble
Passoa Bramble is an inviting party cocktail that will please your guests.
This refreshing drink combines with passoa liqueur, made from passion fruit.
The liqueur is combined with gin, lemon juice, and sugar and then topped with crème de cassis.
The result is a beautifully layered drink that is both sweet and tart.
Passoa Bramble is the ideal drink for summer parties, and you can simply adjust it up or down based on how many guests you expect.
This drink has a fresh, tropical taste different from the usual Mai Tai cocktail. The combo of Zacapa and Myer’s rums not only amplifies the fruity dimension but also lends a vibrant color that’s visually appealing.
Ingredients include: Zacapa Rum 23, Grand Marnier, passion fruit juice, lime juice, and dark rum.
This cocktail is bursting with tropical flavors and requires no special equipment. The use of mango-flavored kombucha elevates the sweet-tart flavor of the passion fruit even more.
Ingredients include: Kombucha, passion fruit, maple syrup, white rum, and mint.
This 5-minute recipe is a refreshing, tart, and tropical take on the classic whiskey sour cocktail. It also includes a homemade ginger liqueur method for added depth of flavor.
Ingredients include: Bourbon, ginger liqueur, passion fruit puree, lime juice, and egg white.
This light cocktail has a blend of coconut rum and mango-passion fruit juice. The splash of grenadine gives the drink a vibrant, sunset-like look, making it visually pleasing.
Ingredients include: Coconut rum, passion fruit juice, and grenadine.
Passion Fruit & Kombucha Spritz is a flavorful blend of sweet passion fruit, tart grapefruit, fizzy kombucha, and fragrant herbs. And despite its sophisticated taste, the recipe is straightforward to put together.
Ingredients include: Grapefruit, passion fruit, mint leaves, basil and lime.
This passion fruit-based cocktail brings a tropical and seductive twist to your standard spiked lemonade. It’s finished off with vodka and soda, giving a tart, sweet, and tropical flavor with a fizzy kick.
Ingredients include: Passion fruit simple syrup, lemon juice, vodka, sparkling water, and lemons.
Passionfruit Swizzle Cocktail is a rum-based, sweet, and sour tiki drink served over ice. The fresh passionfruit and the ‘swizzling’ process ensure a well-blended tropical taste.
Ingredients include: Pineapple rum, passion fruit juice, passionfruit syrup, lime juice, and falernum.
This cool summer drink highlights tropical fruits like pineapple and passion fruit, along with lime and mint. It’s quick to make, so you can enjoy it right away.
Ingredients include: Pineapple, passion fruit pulp, sugar, mint leaves, and lime.
Here’s a refreshing spin on the traditional French 75 cocktail. The version swaps the traditional lemon juice for passion fruit nectar, offering a tart, tangy flavor with a hint of sweet and floral notes.
Ingredients include: Sugar, gin, simple syrup, sparkling wine, and passion fruit.
This passion fruit cocktail showcases the use of fassionola syrup, a long-lost tiki cocktail ingredient. The syrup and other ingredients are shaken together with ice and then strained into a rocks glass.
Ingredients include: Blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, lime juice, and Hibiscus flowers.
This cocktail recipe uses pineapple vodka and passion fruit for a tropical twist on the classic Moscow Mule. The sweet-tart “Liquid Gold” passion fruit and tangy lime syrup balance the spicy fizz of ginger beer.
Ingredients include: Vodka, passion fruit pulp, lime syrup, ginger beer, and mint.
This stylish and refined martini gets a fresh twist with the addition of frozen mango. It still maintains its signature passion fruit and vanilla flavors, and the fresh passion fruit puree gives it a vibrant pink hue.
Ingredients include: Passion fruit puree, frozen mango, vanilla vodka, passion fruit liqueur, and lime juice.
This cocktail highlights the combo of the sweet and tart flavors of passion fruit and peach with the herbaceous notes of the gin. The star anise provide a subtle licorice flavor that ties everything together.
Ingredients include: Welch’s Passion Fruit Cocktail, gin, bitters, peach, and anise stars.
33. Maracuyá Sour
The Maracuyá Sour, a classic Peruvian cocktail, blends the deep taste of pisco with sweet passionfruit. You make it by reducing passionfruit pulp, straining for juice, and mixing it with other ingredients.
Ingredients include: Pisco, passion fruit, lime juice, egg white, and simple syrup.
Whip up this quick and refreshing cocktail in minutes using 5 simple ingredients. The passion fruit simple syrup balances the sweet-tart flavor, while the lemon wheel and passion fruit pulp garnish add visual appeal.
Ingredients include: Prosecco, passionfruit simple syrup, limoncello, soda water, and lemon & passion fruit pulp.
This simple, refreshing cocktail is made with just four ingredients. The citrusy gin and sweet-tart passion fruit create a delicious blend for a quick, enjoyable summer drink.
Ingredients include: Gin, tonic, passion fruit, and lime juice.
The bottom line
In the world of cocktails, passion fruit is often used for its depth of flavor and ability to balance stronger, more robust spirits.
The resulting drinks are not just tasty, but they’re visually appealing too.
Find your favorite drinks from this list and tell us what you think.
More About Passion Fruit
- Passion Fruit Mojito
- Passion Fruit Margarita
- Spicy Passion Fruit Margarita
- Passion Fruit Martini
- Passion Fruit Caipiroska
- Bourbon Passion Fruit Cocktail
- Passionate Cosmos
- Tropical Passion Sangria
- Passion Fruit Prosecco Mimosa
- Passion Fruit Sparkler
- Batida De Maracuja
- Broken Valentine Martini
- Mezcal Passion Fruit Cocktail
- Passion Fruit Hurricane
- Passion Fruit Daiquiri
- Raspberry Passion Fruit Cocktail
- Passoa Bramble
- Passion Fruit Mai Tai
- Passion Fruit & Rum Cocktail
- Passion Fruit Whiskey Sour
- Mango Passion Fruit Rum Punch
- Passion Fruit Iced Tea
- Passion Fruit Gin Fizz
- Passion Fruit & Kombucha Spritz
- Passion Fruit Vodka Soda
- Passionfruit Swizzle Cocktail
- Pineapple Passion Fruit Mojito
- Passion Fruit French 75
- Fassionola Rum Cocktail
- Tropical Passion Fruit Moscow Mules
- Frozen Pornstar Martini
- Passion Fruit & Peach Smash Gin Cocktail
- Maracuyá Sour
- Limoncello Spritz With Passion Fruit
- Passion Fruit Gin & Tonic
- It's time to mix up something delicious from our list of Passion Fruit Cocktails.
- Gather a few ingredients and grab a friend.
- Enjoy responsibly, and don't forget to share on your socials!