This pineapple avocado salsa is fruity, sweet and zesty. It’s sweet and light but also satisfying. Eat with tortilla chips on a hot day with a cold beer and you are set!
Best thing on the table!
These are just a few comments we got back from a party of taste-testers last week.
When I opened the container that it was in people legit started gathering around just to look at it.
People would walk by, stop, look and say “Oh, what is that?”
What is it about beautiful fresh food that garners people’s attention?
When you mix pineapple and avocado, people get really excited!
This is one of the easiest side dishes to make—great with chips, on fish, beside chicken, or with vegan tacos, anything.
On this particular day, we cut up fresh pineapple and didn’t do anything special to it.
However, if you want to add a robust touch to the recipe, you can grill the pineapple before you chop it up.
The juice from the pineapple will help the cut avocado keep looking fresh longer but because avocado is so finicky, I would wait until the absolute last minute to prepare this dish.
I made it around 10 am, stuck it in the fridge and then served it right about 5 pm the same day.
RELATED FAVORITE TOOLS:
THESE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE STUFF WE LOVE! ♡
- Juicer – We have used and own quite a few different juicers but this style is my daily go-to option.
- Paring Knife – This has been my favorite go-to paring knife this year.
- Wooden Spoon -We are in love with these colorful wooden spoons.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or use mince from the jar (our timesaving tip)
- ¾ c. pineapple, diced
- 2 avocados, chopped
Prep the pineapple and avocados:
- If using fresh pineapple, here are our instructions for cutting a fresh pineapple. Chop pineapple and avocados into ¼” chunks.
Juice the lemon and the lime:
- Tip: Use that extra lemon juice in a glass of carbonated water. We are bonkers for our Soda Stream.
Prep the cilantro, green onion, and garlic:
- Roughly chop the cilantro and dice the green onion. (I used our favorite herb shears to cut the cilantro.) Mince the garlic.
Mix all ingredients together. Chill thoroughly then stir right before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g