If you are trying to save some cash but want that Starbucks passion fruit tea, we a simple recipe for you today. This is our passion fruit tea Starbucks copycat recipe.
Generally, I personally prefer old fashioned iced tea. Yes, I am a bit boring. But my family loves flavored teas and this is a recipe that I actually enjoy as well.
Passion fruit tea Starbucks copycat recipe
If you haven’t tried the Starbucks passion fruit tea then you are missing. There is good news though! Now, is your moment. You can pick up a few ingredients at the store OR if you are like us, you can order them online.
However, you do your shopping just know that a refreshing beverage is in your future.
As you will see in the recipe below this is an easy fun drink to make. It is perfect on a hot afternoon or just when you need to chill out and relax.
This tea brings in the flavor of the tropics. It has hints of hibiscus flowers, orange, rose, passion fruit, and lemonade all together in one. Each flavor is just subtle enough to merge with the other into a refreshing experience.
A great feature of this tea is that it is caffeine-free. So you can enjoy it in the evening and not worry about it keeping you up at night.
Ingredients in the Starbucks passion fruit tea (Copycat recipe)
As you will see below this is a super simple recipe and only requires a few additional ingredients from the grocery store. When it comes to the lemonade you have lots of choices but I have linked you to my favorite kind. However, you want to add a bit of additional flavor to your tea consider our homemade lemonade with lemongrass.
Variations on the recipe
- Ginger - Add a piece of fresh ginger to hot water when you are steeping the tea. This will infuse the flavor of ginger.
- Berries - Add a few fresh raspberries or blackberries to the tea when you serve it. Muddle them with the ice a bit before adding the tea.
- Limeade - Add half lemonade and half limeade.
Other Starbucks copy cat recipes that you may love
How to make Passion fruit Tea (Starbucks copycat)
Step 1: The first step is to bring some water to boil. We love to use our favorite tea kettle.
Step 2: Add the tea bags to a pitcher. Then pour the hot water over the tea bags and allow them to steep. Steep the tea for 10 minutes and then remove the tea bags.
Step 3: While the tea is still hot, add the sugar and vanilla to the pitcher and stir.
Step 4: Pour the lemonade in the pitcher and stir.
Step 5: Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Step 6: Fill a glass with ice. Stir the tea mixture and then pour it into the glass. Garnish as desired.
The best passion fruit tea Starbucks copycat recipe. This recipe only requires 5 ingredients. You can make this at home and have a pitcher at a time.
- 4 c Water
- 2 Tazo passion tea bags
- 4 c lemonade
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 T sugar
- Bring the water to boil in a teapot or saucepan.
- Place the tea bags in a pitcher. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags and allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes
- Remove the tea bags. While the water is still hot stir in the vanilla and sugar. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pour in the lemonade and stir.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and allow it to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve by pouring over ice.
- Garnish as desired.
Adjust the amount of sugar to taste. I prefer a tea that isn’t very sweet.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American