These spicy pasta recipes pack a punch! With the easiest, store-bought sides to serve with these fiery dishes, you can have a complete, hearty meal.
Pasta is a versatile and beloved food that has its roots in Italy, where it has been a staple for centuries. It comes in various shapes and sizes and is easy to cook.
The traditional recipes are often characterized by rich tomato-based sauces, creamy Alfredo sauces, or olive oil and garlic-based sauces.
But, as the culinary world evolves and globalizes, so does pasta. People began experimenting with different ingredients and flavor combinations, leading to the rise of spicy pasta dishes.
If you’re a spicy food lover or simply looking to spice up your usual pasta routine, these recipes have you covered. From Italian classics to Asian-inspired noodle dishes, there’s sure to be something for every high-Scoville fan here.
- #6 Spicy Vodka Pasta includes a special sauce that’s velvety smooth, spicy, and creamy!
- #11 Spicy Tomato Seafood Pasta is packed with flavor from shrimp and spicy tomato sauce.
- #14 Spicy Ramen is ready in 15 minutes and requires simple ingredients.
- #16 Spicy Noodle Soup is a good alternative to instant noodles.
- #18 Spicy Peanut Udon Noodles feature vibrant colors from the veggies and sauce.
Easiest Sides For Spicy Pasta
These side dishes pair well with spicy pasta and can be bought easily in stores.
- Garlic bread. Available in the bakery section or freezer aisle of most grocery stores or from local bakeries.
- Caprese salad. Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil can be found in the produce section of grocery stores or at specialty food stores and farmer’s markets.
- Caesar salad. Pre-packaged Caesar salad kits can be found in the produce section, or you can buy the dressing, romaine lettuce, and croutons separately and assemble them at home.
- Bruschetta. Look for pre-made bruschetta topping or ingredients like diced tomatoes, garlic, and herbs in grocery stores’ condiment or Italian section, or buy baguettes or Italian bread from the bakery section.
- Antipasto platter. Grocery stores offer pre-packaged antipasto platters in the deli or specialty cheese section, or you can buy individual items to assemble your own platter.
- Grilled vegetables. Find fresh vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and mushrooms in the produce section, or look for pre-packaged options in the frozen or deli section.
- Stuffed peppers. Pre-packaged stuffed peppers can sometimes be found in the frozen food section, or buy fresh bell peppers and ingredients to stuff them at home.
- Coleslaw. Look for pre-packaged coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage in the produce section, and find coleslaw dressing in the condiment aisle or make your own at home.
- Garlic knots. Grocery stores offer pre-made garlic knots or garlic bread rolls in the bakery section or freezer aisle or make your own using refrigerated dough.
- Cheesy jalapeno poppers. Check the freezer section of your grocery store for pre-made jalapeno poppers, or find them at fast-food chains or local restaurants specializing in appetizers.
Spicy Pasta Recipes
This recipe is a copycat version of the popular dish from Carbone Restaurant in New York City. It features tender rigatoni pasta tossed in rich, creamy vodka sauce balanced with heat from chili pepper paste.
Ingredients include: Heavy cream, chili pepper paste, rigatoni, garlic, and onion.
This delicious pasta dish is excellent for special occasions. The recipe combines succulent lobster meat with a creamy, spicy sauce that adds a nice kick to each bite. Serve with a side of fresh baguette to soak up all the extra sauce.
Ingredients include: Linguine pasta, heavy cream, butter, tomato paste, black pepper, and shallot.
Here’s a spicy and creamy pasta dish that can be made in just 20 minutes! The use of gochujang paste, a Korean chili paste, gives the recipe its signature flavor. Serve it as a main alongside roasted veggies or side salad.
Ingredients include: Pasta, onions, garlic cloves, tomato paste, and lemon juice.
This pasta dish is loaded with tender chicken tossed in a creamy tomato sauce with a kick of heat from Cajun seasoning. The pasta is cooked al dente, which means that it’s cooked through but still has a bit of a bite to it. Serve this Cajun Chicken Pasta with chili flakes for additional heat.
Ingredients include: Olive oil, butter, rigatoni, Cajun seasoning, and garlic cloves.
Pasta Arrabiata is a classic Italian dish made with a simple tomato sauce that’s spiked with red pepper flakes for a fiery kick. Customize it to your taste by adding other ingredients such as fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, or chicken.
Ingredients include: Garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, parmesan, olive oil, and penne.
This recipe is a copycat of the famous spicy pasta dish served at Carbone’s, a famous Italian restaurant in New York City. It’s cavatappi noodles, a simple garlic sauce, and a generous amount of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
Ingredients include: Cavatappi noodles, garlic, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
This one-pot pasta is ready in under 13 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights. The dish is also full of flavor, thanks to the combination of the marinara sauce, heavy cream, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Ingredients include: Butter, shallot, garlic, rigatoni, marinara sauce, and heavy cream.
This delicious recipe highlights the use of homemade noodles, giving the dish a chewy and satisfying texture that’s impossible with store-bought noodles. It’s an excellent option for an easy dinner.
Ingredients include: Butter, garlic cloves, soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar.
This 15-minute dish combines the bold and fiery essence of chorizo sausage with perfectly cooked pasta. The key is to cook the chorizo until browned and fragrant, releasing the spices and intensifying its flavor.
Ingredients include: Bell pepper, onion, garlic cloves, chilli flakes, and chorizo sausage.
Spicy Ingredients That Pair Well With Pasta
Here are some of the best spicy ingredients that blend wonderfully with pasta:
- Chili flakes or fresh chili peppers. Whether it’s red pepper flakes sprinkled over the finished dish or chopped fresh chilies cooked into the sauce, these can add a kick of heat.
- Garlic. Garlic can provide a subtle heat and tons of flavor when used in generous amounts.
- Spicy sausage. Spicy Italian sausage, Andouille, or Chorizo can add a rich, hearty spice to pasta dishes.
- Hot sauce. A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce can increase heat.
- Spicy olive oil. Infuse olive oil with chili flakes or fresh peppers, then use it to sauté your pasta.
- Harissa. This North African chili paste has a smoky heat that can add complexity to pasta sauce.
- Cayenne pepper. This ground pepper can provide a considerable spice kick.
- Jalapenos. Chopped and added fresh or sautéed with the other ingredients.
This spicy dish showcases a harmonious blend of succulent seafood, including shrimp and mussels. The seafood is paired with linguine pasta and then bathed in a vibrant spicy tomato sauce. Garnish with lemon zest and fennel fronds.
Ingredients include: Shrimp, shallots, fennel, linguine pasta, and lemon zest.
This spicy chicken pasta recipe is filled with summer vegetables! The Cajun-seasoned chicken is cooked in a large skillet with vegetables and then tossed with a creamy sauce. The dish is creamy, spicy, and full of summer flavor.
Ingredients include: Farfalle, chicken breast, Cajun seasoning, zucchini, and tomato.
Though made with simple ingredients, these noodles are full of flavor and spice. Tweak the recipe with your choice of protein and vegetables. Some good options include chicken thighs, shrimp, tofu, bok choy, or broccoli.
Ingredients include: Garlic cloves, rice noodles, ginger, soy sauce, and sriracha.
14. Spicy Ramen
This Asian-inspired noodle dish is a tasty and simple way to enjoy instant ramen noodles. The noodles are combined with a rich and savory broth infused with aromatic spices, making every slurp a delight.
Ingredients include: Ramen noodles, sesame oil, garlic, chili flakes, and green onion.
As a one-pot recipe, it offers the advantage of easy preparation and minimal cleanup. The hearty pasta dish is cooked in a single pot with sauce and can be served as a vegetable-based dish or with chicken or lamb.
Ingredients include: Ditalini pasta, chicken broth, water, tomato sauce, and garlic powder.
Your new favorite pasta dish is here! This Spicy Noodle Soup only takes 10 minutes to make but is packed with flavor thanks to the Korean red chili flakes, miso paste, and dashi stock combo.
Ingredients include: Onion, garlic, Korean red chili flakes, miso paste, and dashi stock.
The chili oil gives these noodles their signature flavor, and the ingredient makes the dish so addictive. If you don’t like it too spicy, start with a small amount of chili flakes and add more to taste.
Ingredients include: Garlic, spring onion, red chili flakes, soy sauce, and sugar.
This udon noodle recipe showcases the rich and zesty peanut sauce. The addition of sambal oelek or garlic chili paste gives the sauce a bit of a kick, while the cilantro and sesame seeds add a fresh note and crunch.
Ingredients include: Udon noodles, green beans, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger.
The hand-ripped noodles, cumin-spiced lamb, and fresh vegetables combine to create a filling meal. It’s a great dish for those who love spicy foods! The key is to use high-quality ingredients and to take the time to prepare the dish properly.
Ingredients include: Bread flour, vegetable oil, rice wine, coriander seeds, and lamb shoulder.
This easy pasta dish is made with ingredients that you can buy at your nearby grocery store. The beef is cooked until browned and tender, and the vegetables are added in at the end to wilt. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve it to your whole family.
Ingredients include: Korean noodles, beef, mushrooms, carrots, and spinach.
This traditional Korean favorite features thin wheat noodles in a spicy, sweet, and tangy sauce. The noodles are mixed with fresh veggies and garnished with a boiled egg and savory meat.
Ingredients include: Buckwheat noodles, cucumber, carrot, red cabbage, and lettuce.
The bottom line
Spicy pasta has gained popularity in recent years due to its ability to bring an extra punch of spicy Scoville kind of heat to traditional pasta dishes.
But be warned, this is not for the faint of heart! Spicy pasta is for people who crave a little heat in their food. If you’re up for the challenge, these spicy pasta recipes are a great place to start.
More Pasta Recipes
- Ground Pork Pasta Recipes
- Ditalini Pasta Recipes
- Delicious Spinach Pasta Recipes
- Does Dry Pasta Go Bad?
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes
- Pasta Recipes With Cottage Cheese
- Radiatore Pasta Recipes
- Gemelli Pasta Recipes
- Tagliatelle Pasta Recipes
- Rigatoni Pasta Recipes
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni
- Creamy Spicy Lobster Pasta
- Gochujang Pasta
- Spicy Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Pasta Arrabiata
- Spicy Vodka Pasta
- Copycat Carbone's Spicy Pasta
- One Pot Spicy Rigatoni
- Chili Crisp Noodles
- Spicy Chorizo Fusilloni Pasta
- Spicy Tomato Seafood Pasta
- Creamy, Spicy Chicken Pasta With Summer Vegetables
- Spicy Chili Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Ramen
- Mbakbaka (Spicy Libyan Pasta)
- Spicy Noodle Soup
- Chili Oil Noodles
- Spicy Peanut Udon Noodles
- Spicy Cumin Lamb Biang Biang Noodles
- Korean Spicy Noodles With Beef
- Bibim Guksu (Spicy Cold Noodles)
- Check our Spicy Pasta Recipes list.
- Select a dish.
- Cook to your heart's content!
- Don't forget to share this list of meal inspiration!