Lately, we have not felt that we were getting quite enough vegetables into our meals. This is why we decided to create a garlic shrimp and mushrooms recipe that also has broccoli in it. Garlic is my favorite seasoning. (Did you know it's also a vegetable? I learn something new every day.) When combined into a shrimp and mushrooms recipe, you get something hard-core tasty. Make this quick and easy Chinese stir fry at home using shrimp, broccoli, tons of mushrooms and garlic too!
We purchased shrimp that has already been deveined and de-tailed. If your shrimp is fresh, you will want to take the tails off before you start cooking. Here's a simple, cheap tool that works really well, but a paring knife will do the trick too.
- ¼ c. butter
- 2 ½ c. mushrooms
- 2 t. garlic, minced
- 1 medium head of broccoli florets, stems trimmed and discarded
- 3 T. corn starch
- 2 t. soy sauce
- ¾ c. red bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz. chicken broth
- 1 ½ lbs. raw shrimp, uncooked
- Prepare the bell pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms: Cut the broccoli florets from the stems and into smaller 1” pieces. Slice the mushrooms into ¼” slices. Dice the bell pepper into ¼” chunks.
- Mince the garlic. (You probably already know how we feel about the minced garlic in a jar when in a pinch.)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan with the melted butter. Saute the ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
- Reserve 2 oz. (¼ c.) of chicken broth and set aside.
- Add the remaining 8 oz. (1 c.) chicken broth, broccoli and bell pepper to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the ingredients for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the corn starch, soy sauce and remaining chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir the corn starch mixture into the pan and cook for an additional minute. Stir.
- Serve hot.
Check out this super-cute ceramic Garlic Keeper on Amazon.
Pretty porcelain bowls with 300 reviews at 4.5 stars, perfect for serving stir fry.