Today, we cover the best enoki mushroom recipes around the web, as well as how to prep enoki mushrooms, some essential cooking tips, our top picks, and more!
Enoki mushrooms, also known as golden needle mushrooms, are native to East Asia and have been treasured for centuries for their culinary properties.
With their long, thread-like stems and small, button-like caps, these mushrooms resemble tiny bouquets, making them as visually appealing as they are tasty.
Not only do enoki mushrooms add a nice crisp texture to dishes, but they also have a subtly sweet and earthy flavor.
From stir-fries to soups, enoki mushrooms bring a unique twist to any dish, elevating the overall flavor without overpowering them.
- Local Asian Markets: Enoki mushrooms are a staple in Asian cuisines, so exploring your local Asian grocery stores or markets is a good place to start.
- Specialty Grocery Stores: Some larger grocery stores or specialty food shops carry enoki mushrooms in their produce sections.
- Online Retailers: If you can’t get enoki mushrooms locally, several online stores sell fresh or dried enoki mushrooms.
Nifty Tips For Cooking Enoki Mushrooms
But, before you try your first enoki mushroom recipe, let’s go over some helpful cooking tips for enoki mushrooms.
- Look for the freshest enoki. Choose fresh enoki mushrooms with firm, white stems and tightly clustered caps. Avoid mushrooms that appear slimy or discolored.
- Remove the root end. The root end of enoki mushrooms is tough and woody, so it’s best to remove it before cooking.
- Rinse the mushrooms well. Enoki mushrooms can be quite dirty, so it’s important to rinse them well before cooking.
- Separate the mushrooms. Enoki mushrooms are often sold in bunches, so you’ll need to separate the mushrooms before cooking. This will help them cook evenly.
- Cook the mushrooms quickly. Enoki mushrooms retain their crisp texture and mild taste when cooked fast. Overcooking them will make them tough and rubbery.
- Use a variety of cooking methods. Enoki mushrooms can be cooked in a variety of ways that enhance their earthy, sweet flavor, including stir-frying, sauteing, and grilling.
- Get creative with your seasonings. Enoki mushrooms are a blank canvas, so feel free to get creative with your seasonings.
Top 5 Picks For Enoki Mushroom Recipes
To make things easier for you, we’ve narrowed down this impressive collection of enoki mushroom recipes to our top 5 picks.
- If you’re looking for something spicy and savory, check out #6 Spicy Enoki Mushrooms With Garlic.
- Looking for a seafood twist? Try #9 Enoki Mushroom With Shrimp or #19 Crab & Enoki Mushroom Omelette or #28 Chilli Crab Prawns With Enoki Mushrooms.
- Discover a one-of-a-kind twist on the traditional bowl with #7 Enoki Mushroom & Tofu Poke Bowl.
- #11 Ramen Miso Soup With Enoki Mushrooms & Baby Bok Choy AND #20 Enoki Mushroom Salad will be a huge hit at Asian-themed gatherings.
- #23 Noodle Soup With Stir-Fried Bay Scallops & Enoki Mushrooms, this is pure comfort in a bowl.
This dish is quick and easy to make, and it’s a delicious way to enjoy the earthy flavor of enoki mushrooms. Add the special sauce over enoki to make it taste even better.
Ingredients include: Scallion, oil, garlic, soy sauce, and sugar.
This recipe highlights enoki mushrooms wrapped in seaweed sheets, coated in flour mixture, fried to golden brown perfection. Serve these mushrooms with your favorite dipping sauce.
Ingredients include: All purpose flour, paprika, salt and pepper, seaweed, and oil
These rolls are straightforward and can be customized to your liking. The stir-fry sauce adds a touch of sweet flavor and umami that brings the dish together.
Ingredients include: Stir fry powder, avocado oil, all purpose stir fry sauce, arrowroot powder, and scallions.
These tacos are made with enoki mushrooms and seasoned with bold spices. Every bite has a savory flavor and a crispy exterior, making them ideal for a meatless taco Tuesday.
Ingredients include: Cilantro, white onion, lime juice, cumin, and corn tortillas.
This delectable dish combines the delicate crunch of enoki mushrooms with the creamy tang of amba mayo. Serve the mushrooms while they are still hot and crispy.
Ingredients include: All purpose flour, baking powder, cornstarch, coriander, and vegan mayonnaise.
Spicy Garlic Enoki Mushrooms recipe is a quick and simple dish ideal for spice and garlic enthusiasts. It requires 9 simple ingredients and can be served as a light meal or side dish.
Ingredients include: Garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic chives.
Ideal meal on a hot summer day, this dish is a unique take on the classic bowl. It features the delicate flavors of enoki and tofu, combined with different toppings and a ponzu sauce.
Ingredients include: Sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, chili flakes, and tofu.
This recipe for steamed dumplings is a great way to use up leftover veggies and incorporate enoki to your meal. The use of butterfly pea flower powder gives these dumplings a beautiful blue hue.
Ingredients include: Carrot, shallot, ginger, cornstarch, and potato starch.
This Enoki Mushroom With Shrimp recipe is a quick, flavorful dish. The mushrooms are blanched, while shrimp is sautéed, all to create a savory sauce.
Ingredients include: Soy sauce, shrimp, sugar, egg white, and red bell pepper.
These fritters are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and the Thai curry mayonnaise adds a flavorful touch. They’re best served immediately after frying.
Ingredients include: Mayonnaise, curry paste, lime juice, peanut oil, and flour.
This comforting Asian-inspired soup requires simple ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes. It’s versatile and can be customized to your liking. Use high-quality ingredients as this can make a big difference in the taste of your soup.
Ingredients include: Japanese ramen, dashi granules, red miso paste, tofu, and bok choy.
12. Soy Butter Enoki
These mushrooms are cooked in a soy-based sauce then topped with aonori seaweed. The dish is a great option for busy weeknights since it’s quick to put together.
Ingredients include: Soy sauce, mirin, vegan butter, garlic powder, and aonori.
Loaded with savory flavor, these Korean Enoki Mushroom Pancakes are fried until golden brown and crispy. Serve the pancakes as is or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Ingredients include: All purpose flour, sesame oil, egg, carrot, and garlic chives.
This simple dish is made by wrapping enoki in tofu skin, tying them with chives, and cooking them in a savory sauce. If you cannot find tofu skin in the Asian grocery store, you can substitute them with wonton wrappers.
Ingredients include: Tofu skin, spring onion, vegan oyster sauce, soy sauce, and water.
Brimming with lemongrass and ginger, this soup comforts without feeling heavy. It’s a flexible recipe that can be made ahead of time and allows for ingredient substitution.
Ingredients include: Shallot, ginger, sweet chili paste, lemongrass, and bok choy.
This 20-minute dish highlights the delicate flavors and unique texture of Japanese enoki mushrooms. These mushrooms are then cooked in a thick Asian-style sauce..
Ingredients include: Sake, soy sauce, white miso paste, and vegetable oil.
This Enoki Mushroom Stir-Fry recipe presents a delectable option for those seeking a quick dinner. Its versatility shines through, allowing it to be easily scaled to serve gatherings of various sizes.
Ingredients include: Olive oil, brown rice, mirin, egg, and lime.
This recipe offers a creative twist on the traditional pancake by adding enoki mushrooms and eggs. Enjoy these palatable pancakes alone or with your favorite toppings.
Ingredients include: Egg, flour, green onion, salt, and black pepper.
This Crab and Enoki Mushroom Omelet is both flavorful and visually appealing. The dish involves sautéing the mushrooms, prepping an egg mixture, and wrapping the cooked ingredients inside a lightly cooked omelet.
Ingredients include: Eggs, crabmeat, ginger, fish sauce, and tamari.
Enjoyed both warm and cold, this colorful salad is a fantastic addition to any Asian meal. The ingredients are all simple and easy to find, and the salad comes together in just a few minutes.
Ingredients include: Carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, coriander, and roasted peanut.
This Steamed Enoki Mushroom recipe is known for its slightly sweet taste, appealing texture, and aesthetic charm. You can elevate this Chinese dish with garlic sauce.
Ingredients include: Sesame oil, green onion, garlic sauce, soy sauce, and pepper.
This recipe features the simplicity of miso butter enoki mushrooms on sourdough toast. Feel free to garnish the mushrooms with some toasted sesame seeds for a bit of extra crunch.
Ingredients include: Olive oil, miso paste, wine, butter, and sourdough.
This hearty soup is a unique way to incorporate stir-fried ingredients into soup. It’s cooked in a wok over high heat to ensure that the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Ingredients include: Bay scallop, chili bean sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and carrots.
Ideal for a light lunch or dinner, this salad is a simple way to enjoy the crisp texture and sweet flavor of enoki mushrooms. Just don’t overcook the mushrooms, or they will become mushy.
Ingredients include: Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spinach, carrots, and raspberries.
This Tofu & Enoki Mushroom Sushi Roll recipe is a great alternative for a light meal and easy to follow, even for those who are new to making sushi. Marinate tofu in teriyaki or soy sauce before cooking to make it more flavorful.
Ingredients include: Teriyaki sauce, seaweed nori paper, cucumber, tofu, and carrot.
This recipe is a copycat of the famous Chicken Enoki Mushrooms from Panda Express. Add any vegetables you like to the dish; some good options include broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, or snow peas.
Ingredients include: Cucumber, white sesame seeds, teriyaki sauce, sesame sauce, and pepper.
This Japanese-style dish features thinly sliced beef and enoki mushrooms cooked in a sweet and savory sauce. It’s best served with stir-fried vegetables, noodles, or rice.
Ingredients include: Beef, soy sauce, sake, sugar, and ginger.
Chili Crab Prawns With Enoki Mushrooms is a fusion dish from two tasty Asian recipes: the Singaporean Chili Crab and Japanese-style enoki mushrooms. A bowl of steamed rice or mantou can make it even more enjoyable.
Ingredients include: Prawn, shallot, ginger, egg, and cornstarch.
With minimal prep and a touch of seasoning, these crispy, baked delights offer a unique umami flavor. They’re flexible as a snack, main course, or a side dish. Season with your favorite spices if desired.
Ingredients include: Avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne
This simple yet elegant seafood dish is inspired by Japanese cuisine. The fish is poached in a dashi broth until cooked through before being topped with enoki and ginger.
Ingredients include: Kombu seaweed, coriander, soy sauce, bonito flakes, and lemon juice.
The bottom line
Thanks to their delicate texture and mild flavor, enoki mushrooms add a lovely touch to any menu. To make the most of these slender wonders, remember to trim the tough base before cooking. Be creative and experiment with different seasonings, herbs, or sauces to your liking.
More About Mushrooms
- Best Spinach & Mushroom Recipes
- Shiitake Mushroom Recipes
- Mushroom Recipes
- Portobello Mushroom Recipes
- Dried Shiitake Mushroom Recipes
- Hen Of the Woods Mushroom Recipes
- Enoki Mushrooms With Garlic & Scallion Sauce
- Crispy Seaweed Wrapped Enoki Mushrooms
- Beef Enoki Mushroom Rolls
- Enoki Mushroom Carnitas Tacos (Vegan)
- Crispy Enoki Mushrooms With Amba Mayo
- Spicy Enoki Mushrooms With Garlic
- Enoki Mushroom & Tofu Poke Bowl
- Butterfly Pea Steamed Crystal Dumplings With Enoki Mushroom Filling
- Enoki Mushroom With Shrimp
- Crispy Enoki And Onion Fritters With Thai Curry Mayo
- Ramen Miso Soup With Enoki Mushrooms & Baby Bok Choy
- Soy Butter Enoki
- Korean Enoki Mushroom Pancakes
- Enoki In Tofu Skin
- Enoki Mushroom Soup With Soba Noodles, Lemongrass & Ginger
- Foil Baked Enoki Mushrooms (Vegan)
- Enoki Mushroom Stir Fry
- Enoki Mushroom Egg Pancake
- Crab & Enoki Mushroom Omelet
- Enoki Mushroom Salad
- Steamed Enoki Mushrooms
- Miso Butter And Enoki Mushrooms On Sourdough
- Noodle Soup With Stir-Fried Bay Scallops & Enoki Mushrooms
- Enoki Mushroom & Spinach Salad
- Tofu & Enoki Mushroom Sushi Roll
- Chicken Enoki Mushroom
- Sliced Beef With Enoki Mushrooms
- Chilli Crab Prawns With Enoki Mushrooms
- Crispy Baked Enoki Mushrooms
- Maze's Poached Enoki Mushroom & Dashi Broth
- Choose one or two Enoki Mushroom Recipes from our list.
- Read up on how to prep them!
- Cook up your favorite.
- Share on your socials! Find us on CookingChew