Sometimes we just want a delicious and easy snack. This Crockpot buffalo chicken dip is the perfect and filling dip for any event.
I like to make dips for a Tuesday evening of tv time and for a Super Bowl party. There is no wrong time for this dip.
Now, this is a spicy dip. If you are wimpy like me, feel free to use less buffalo wing sauce. You can also pick up the mild wing sauce and use that instead.
How to make buffalo chicken dip in a slow cooker
It is fast and easy to make buffalo chicken dip in a slow cooker. Add cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, chicken, cheese and green onion to a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. Be sure to stir often.
Can you make this dip in the oven?
Yes, you can make this buffalo dip in the oven. If you are making this in the oven, mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Be sure to soften the cream cheese prior to mixing it in with the other ingredients. Then pour it into a square baking dish. Place it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until it is bubbling and hot.
How long do I cook buffalo chicken dip?
- If making buffalo chicken dip in the Crockpot cook it for 2 – 3 hours. It is done when it starts to bubble. We do recommend that you stir it about every 30 minutes.
- If making this dip in the oven cook it for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Baking times will vary. It is done when it is thoroughly hot and bubbling.
What to serve with this dip?
We love to buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks or carrot sticks. We also eat this with Ritz crackers quite a bit.
- Celery sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Carrot sticks
- Wheat crackers
- Ritz crackers
- Consider cooking chicken breast in a frying pan and then shredding it before adding it to the Crockpot.
- We love to make this recipe with leftover rotisserie chicken. Shred the chicken and then add it instead of the canned chicken.
- Add a can of Rotel tomatoes to the dip. This will add flavor and make it a bit soupier. Yum!
Tips and tricks
- For an even better flavor saute or blacken your chicken in a skillet before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Soften your cream cheese before adding it to the mixture. The best tip here is to set the cream cheese out on the counter for about 2 hours before making the dish.
- Don’t use shredded cheese from a bag. It is coated so that it doesn’t clump together in the bag. It can make the dish greasier. So we recommend that you hand shred a block of cheese for this dish.
- 1 (10 oz) cans chunked chicken
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 c blue cheese dressing
- ¼ c ranch dressing
- ½ c buffalo wing sauce
- 1 ½ c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion
- Celery sticks (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Drain the chicken.
- Dice the green onion into small pieces.
- Shred the cheese.
- Add all of the ingredients into a slow cooker. Stir until everything is combined.
- Cook on a low setting until the mixture is hot and bubbly. (Stir occasionally)
- Serve with celery sticks or tortilla chips.
We strongly recommend that you grate a block of cheddar cheese. The pre-shredded cheese in a bag will make the dip greasy. If you prefer, you can replace cooked shredded chicken breasts in this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 651mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g