If you want a unique flavor for your peanuts, give this smokey, honey-roasted peanuts recipe a try. You will find yourself craving these over and over again.
These peanuts are crunchy and have a serious honey flavor with the perfect amount of smokey and spice to boot.
Ever since I discovered smoked paprika, I try and find as many uses for it as possible. Using it to spice up these honey-roasted peanuts was a no brainer for me.
While we love to buy a jar of honey-roasted peanuts at the grocery store the flavor is always the same and that gets boring. This is why we crafted this smokey, honey-roasted peanuts recipe. Hopefully, you enjoy it as much as we do.
This recipe is a bit on the sweeter side and I will admit that upfront. If that is a bit too much sugar for you, then feel free to scale that down to suit your taste.
We are big fans of snacks around here.
Check out these other recipes that you may love:
What kind of peanuts for roasting?
For roasted peanuts at home you want to use raw unsalted peanuts without any skin on them. If you have raw peanuts with the skin on, you can remove the skins and then roast according to the recipe.
How to store honey roasted peanuts
Fresh homemade roasted peanuts don’t have preservatives so you need to keep that in mind when storing them. If they are stored in an airtight container they will last up to 2 weeks. Store them in a cool and dry place.
Honey-roasted peanuts flavor variations
In this recipe, we mix cayenne pepper and smoked paprika but you could substitute chili powder place of the smoked paprika. There are quite a few options for adding sweetness and spice to this recipe.
Feel free to mix it up and experiment with your favorite spices. If you aren’t a fan of spice you can absolutely leave out the cayenne pepper and paprika and just use honey and salt. Think of this recipe as a foundation. Here are a few flavor combinations to consider.
- Chili powder and cinnamon
- Chili powder and cumin
- Chili powder and tabasco sauce
- Cinnamon, garlic powder and allspice
- Smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cloves
Easy to make smokey, honey roasted peanuts recipe. We mix cayenne pepper and smoked paprika with garlic powder, butter and honey to get the perfect flavor.
- 1/3 c sugar
- ½ t cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ t smoked paprika
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 T butter
- 2 T honey
- 1 t salt
- 1 lb skinless peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium saucepan stir in, butter, honey, and salt over medium heat. Cook until the butter has melted and is starting to bubble. Stir occasionally.
- Add peanuts to the pan and stir to fully coat them.
- Pour the peanuts into a rectangular baking dish. Spread them out in the dish so that they aren’t clumped up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the peanuts are golden brown. Stir the peanuts every 10 minutes.
- Scrape the peanuts into a large glass bowl. Sprinkle the peanuts with the remaining seasonings and stir the nuts until they are fully coated.
- Allow the peanuts to cool for 30 minutes. Stir them every few minutes as they cool so that they don’t stick together.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Tips and tricks
- Baking times will vary depending on the oven so keep a close eye on the nuts. Remove them from the oven when they start to brown.
- Be sure to stir the peanuts when they are baking in the oven. This will ensure an even roast. If you don’t stir them, they may burn on one side and not have a nice even roasted flavor.
- The honey in this recipe is naturally sticky. This is why it is important to stir the peanuts frequently as they are cooling. I would recommend stirring them every 3 to 4 minutes.
- If you want an even saltier finish, sprinkle the peanuts with additional salt after you put them in the bowl and they are cooling.