Dehydrating strawberries in the air fryer is super simple to do.
I’m honestly not sure why it took me so long to take advantage of the dehydrate option on the air fryer. But now that I have, I may be addicted.
Lately, I’ve been trying to find healthy snack options. All that I want to snack on are wasabi peas but those carbs start to add up.
Fruit is a fantastic snack and I do eat plenty of it but sometimes I want something chewy or crunchy.
Well, dehydrated strawberries are chewy and sweet. That’s an ideal combo for munching and Netflix.
There are many delicious ways to use up dehydrated strawberries. They are a delicious snack all to themselves.
However, you can also mix dehydrated strawberries with granola and pumpkin seeds and make your own trail mix.
Another great way to eat dehydrated strawberries is mixed in greek yogurt.
By the way, add these to your next bowl of oatmeal and you will have a delicious treat.
How long will they last?
Dehydrated strawberries will last up to a week if stored properly. The best way to store them is in an airtight container in the pantry.
Tips and tricks
• The longer that you cook the strawberries the dryer that they will become. If you want more of a crunch to them add an additional two hours to the cook time.
• The bigger the strawberry the easier it is to prepare these strawberries. Since the dehydrate removes the water from the berry, they will shrink up.
• Experiment with the thickness of your strawberry slices. Try some that are about 1/8″ thick and others that are 1/4″ thick. This will change the texture up a bit.
• If you have dried the strawberries enough, you can actually grind them into a powder. This is handy for protein shakes.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- Wash and dry the strawberries.
- Slice the stem off of the strawberries.
- Then cut them into thin slices that are about 1/8" thick. Cut them as evenly as possible.
- Place the strawberries in the air fryer basket. Don't stack them more than two layers. You will likely need to work in batches.
- Turn on the dehydrating option and cook them for 1 hour.
- Using tongs, flip the strawberry slices.
- Cook them for an additional hour or until they are leathery in texture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Dehydrated strawberries are an easy snack that is quite healthy at the same time. You can use them to make your own trail mix or use them as a topping on a homemade ice cream sundae.