Graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows were created to go together. The classic S’ more is a beautiful food. It is so simple and rich, yet so darn delicious.
Have you ever considered making S’ mores in the microwave? We have and it turns out that it is easy and still amazingly delicious.
They always bring back such memories.
I grew up making S’mores. I still remember back in the day when I was Brownie being in a field with a group of girls, the leaders, and a bonfire making s’ mores. It was so awesome AND we were getting to eat sweets and burn marshmallows.
The real question is can you recreate those lovely flavors of the melted marshmallow and the kinda melted chocolate inside the house? Sometimes the weather just doesn’t permit building a bonfire or if you are like me and live in the city, that just isn’t a daily option.
Well, today you are going to learn how to make S’ mores in the microwave. Then you are going to wonder why you haven’t been doing this your entire life.
What is a S’more?
A traditional S’more is a graham cracker sandwich filled with marshmallow and chocolate. It is generally created by roasting a marshmallow over a campfire. Then placing that hot marshmallow on top of a graham cracker with a piece of chocolate candy bar on it. It is then topped with another graham cracker square.
Can you make S’mores in the microwave?
Yes, you can make S’mores in the microwave. The process will be a bit different because instead of roasting the marshmallow you will melt it in the microwave. After following all of the steps you will have a delicious treat in less than a minute.
Can you microwave marshmallows?
Yes, you can microwave marshmallows. Microwave the marshmallow in 10-second intervals until it reaches your desired consistency. Depending on you intend to use the microwaved marshmallow, you will want it to put it on a microwave-safe plate before you microwave it. Don’t just put it directly in the microwave because it will be sticky and messy after it melts.
How to make S’mores in the microwave
Making a S’mores is a universally simple sweet treat to create.
Start with the ingredients:
- Graham crackers
- Milk chocolate bar
- Break the graham cracker into single squares. (Generally, graham crackers come packaged as two pieces together to create one big cracker. It is easy to break them in half have 2 pieces.)
- Break the chocolate bar into individual square pieces.
- Place a graham cracker piece in the center of a microwave-safe plate. Place the chocolate piece on top of the cracker. Then place a marshmallow on top of that.
- Heat the cracker and the marshmallow together in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Check to see if the marshmallow has become gooey and started to melt. If not, microwave for another 10 seconds. If it is starting to become soft and gooey move on to the next step.
- Place the chocolate square on top of the marshmallow and gently press down.
- Heat the combo for an additional 5 seconds.
- Remove and enjoy. Be careful because it will be very hot.
Check out these articles:
- Easy peanut butter cookies recipe
- The Best Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- How to Make Chewy, Gooey Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles (With What You Have At Home)
- How to Make Chocolate Macaroons
Tips on making S’mores in the microwave
- Milk chocolate bars work best for S’mores. It melts smoother and creamier than other types of chocolate.
- We find a microwave lid helpful when making these. It serves two purposes in this case. It helps keep the microwave clean and also creates a steamy situation which helps with the melting process. This is the one that we got super cheap and it is perfect.
- You can use marshmallow creme instead of large marshmallows if you prefer. It is easier to use because you just spread it on the cracker but personally, I still prefer the squishiness of an actual marshmallow.
- Be super careful when you remove your S’more from the microwave. If you cooked it long enough for everything to melt, the insides should be super hot. The graham crackers may not seem as hot but you don’t want to burn the roof of your mouth when you bite into your dessert.
- You can create multiples a time. If you choose to do just use a regular size plate. The heating times vary if you are cooking more than one S’more at a time. You may need to double the cooking times accordingly. It will really just depend upon your microwave wattage. Experiment with it in 10-second intervals.
5 of our favorite pieces of cookware lately!
- 1 graham cracker
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar
- 2 large marshmallows
- Break the graham cracker into two pieces creating two squares.
- Break chocolate candy bar into individual square pieces.
- On a microwave-safe plate, layer a graham cracker with a chocolate square and a marshmallow on top.
- Place this layered cracker in the microwave and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Check to see if the marshmallow has started to melt and become squishy. If it hasn’t microwave it for another 10 seconds.
- Place a graham cracker square on top of the melting marshmallow and gently press down.
- Carefully remove the plate from the microwave. Be careful because it will be hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g