With flavorful, hearty filling and delicious, flaky crust, chicken pot pie is the perfect go-to meal. However, if you are a fan of chicken pot pie, you probably already know that reheating it properly can be a challenge.
More often than not, reheating chicken pot pie results in a soggy mess that no one wants on their plate. So, is it even possible to reheat a cooked chicken pot pie? Let’s find out!
Can You Reheat Cooked Chicken Pie?
Yes, you certainly can! Reheating a chicken pot pie is not as difficult as you may have imagined. However, you must know how to reheat chicken pot pie the right way to get the desired results.
Before we take a look at how to reheat chicken pot pie the right way, let’s take a minute to understand why reheating this pie is challenging.
The problem with reheating chicken pot pie is that as the filling heats up, the crust of the pie loses its flaky texture and ends up getting soggy.
However, there’s nothing to worry about. If you heat up chicken pot pie the right way, you will end with a tender and flaky crust and piping hot filling!
How to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie
There are various methods that you can try when it comes to reheating chick pot pie. Scroll down to take a look at 3 methods that can give you the best results.
Use an Oven to Heat Up Chicken Pot Pie
The best way to reheat a chicken pot pie is to stick it in the oven. However, this method can be a bit time-consuming. Here’s how to reheat chicken pot pie in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Use aluminum foil to cover the pie, especially the thin crust on the corners. Cover the chicken pot pie as much as possible.
- Place it in the oven. Let it sit for around 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how hot you want the pie to be.
- Keep a close eye on the pot to make sure it is not overheated. Check the pie after every 10 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pie if you are unsure about when to remove it from the oven. If the temperature is 165°F or above, you are good to go!
Reheat Chicken Pot Pie on the Stove
Don’t want to use an oven? Then bring out the pan and reheat chicken pot pie on the stove. Here’s how to reheat chicken pot pie in a pan.
- Put a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cut the chicken pot pie into portions.
- Place one piece in the pan at a time.
- Let the chicken pot pie heat up for 4 -5 minutes on one side before turning it over.
- Keep altering the side until the filling is properly heated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out these articles:
Use a Microwave for Reheating Chicken Pot Pie
Using a microwave for heating up a chicken pot pie is perhaps the easiest and quickest method of reheating a chicken pot pie. However, it may not give you the best results. Nevertheless, if you are running short on time, you can use a microwave to reheat your pie. Here’s how.
- Set the microwave to the lowest power setting.
- Cut the chicken pot pie into slices.
- Place one slice in the oven at a time. Set the time for 2 minutes.
- Check to see if the filling is heated. If not, set the timer for another minute.
- Once the pie is heated to your liking, serve, and enjoy!
How Long Does Chicken Pot Pie Last In the Fridge?
Got some leftover chicken pot pie? Well, you can store it in the fridge to enjoy later. Generally, chicken pot pie can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 -3 days. It is best to discard it if it is older than 5 days.
Tips and Tricks
Check out these tips and tricks to reheat chicken pot pie like a pro!
- Regardless of the method, you choose to heat up chicken pot pie, reheat it on low heat for best results. This will ensure that the pie is heated thoroughly without burning the crust.
- The sound of cooking is an excellent way to tell when the pie is ready. If you hear any sounds coming from inside the pie, know that your pie is done!
- Don’t have a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pie? Stick a fork or knife into the center of the pie for a few seconds. Remove and touch to see how hot it is.
Now that you know how to reheat chicken pot pie the right way, you no longer have to finish it all in one sitting. Try the methods mentioned above to enjoy piping hot chicken pot pie whenever you want!
5 of our favorite pieces of cookware lately!
How to reheat chicken pot pie. Our favorite method for reheating chicken pot pie is in the oven.
- Aluminum foil
- Baking dish
- Chicken pot pie
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the pot pie in a baking dish.
- Use aluminum foil to cover the pie, especially the thin crust on the corners.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the pot to make sure it is not overheated. Check the pie after 10 minutes.
- Category: How to reheat
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to reheat chicken pot pie, reheating chicken pot pie, chicken pot pie, how to reheat