I live in Texas, so sometimes I want dessert but turning on the oven sounds like torture during the summer. There’s a time and place for good old-fashioned baked apple pie, and then there’s enjoying a bite of chilly goodness on a hot day.
Here are two no-bake pie recipes for you to try the next time you want something cool, sweet and light to end your meal.
- 10 oz. (about half the can shown in the picture) of crushed pineapple, WITH the juice
- 8 oz. can of sliced pineapple rings, drained
- 3.4 oz package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 oz. container of sour cream
- 3 oz. of sweetened flake coconut
- 8 Maraschino cherries
- 1 9 oz. (deep dish) graham cracker crust
- Optional: 1/3 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Pour crushed pineapple (juice included) into a large mixing bowl.
- Add pudding mix and sour cream. (If using nuts in the mixture, add now.)
- Using a spoon blend all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly around the top.
- Lay sliced pineapples on top. (About 8 rings will fit – usually 7 outside and one in the center.)
- Place one cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours and allow to chill and firm up. Can be sliced and served immediately for a soft-set, but it’s better after at least an hour in the fridge.
You can add 1/3 c. chopped pecans to the mixture or sprinkle on top. I added a few to the “cherry holes” for a bit of interest, and for a group of people enjoying this pie, they can avoid the nuts if they choose.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 4gSugar: 60gProtein: 3g
✅ Check out this handy pie keeper
Note: Wait to prepare the fruit right before serving. Note: Prepare the fruit right before serving
Mix the fruit
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Note: Wait to prepare the fruit right before serving.
Note: Prepare the fruit right before serving