Roasting mini peppers in an air fryer is simple and fast. If you want to know how to roast mini peppers in the air fryer this is the quick recipe for you.
This is a 3 ingredient recipe. We keep it simple and toss the mini bell peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Of course, you can make this into your own special recipe by adding additional seasonings.
Consider this recipe a jumping off point.
The right side dish can really make a meal go from boring to spectacular, and this can be a wholesome, whole food side dish, snack, or the ingredients to some new amazing meal.
We buy those bags of sweet mini peppers at the store and I eat on them daily as a snack.
The natural sweetness of these little gems just makes them perfect as a snack or as a roasted side dish.
About prepping the mini peppers
There is no wrong way to prep these mini peppers for roasting. It is purely a matter of preference and presentation.
You can roast them whole.
You can cut the end off of them and roast them that way.
You can cut the end off and then cut them in half lengthwise.
One of the advantages of cutting them in half lengthwise before roasting is that you can rinse the seeds out of them.
I often choose not to do this because I don’t want to take the time. However, if I am cooking these sweet bell peppers for guests, I tend to do it that way.
But with that said, they really look beautifully roasted whole.
Like I said, there is no wrong way to roast a mini pepper.
How to roast mini peppers
The quickest way to roast mini peppers is in the air fryer. For this recipe you only need olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Step 1: Wash and dry the mini peppers.
- Step 2: Cut the stem ends off of the mini peppers.
- Step 3: Add the peppers to a mixing bowl along with olive oil, a dash of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Step 4: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Step 5: Using tongs, place the mini peppers in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Step 6: Cook for six minutes.
- Step 7: Open the air fryer basket and flip the peppers. Be sure to use oven-safe tongs.
At this step, take a look. Do they have the perfect char on them? Want them really dark or just barely roasted?
- Step 8: Cook the peppers for an additional four. For a more charred pepper, cook for the full additional six minutes.
If you want to add a bit of extra flavor and flair to this recipe, drizzle balsamic vinegar over the roasted peppers before serving them.
That drizzle will be beautiful and tasty. Also, sprinkle a little sea salt on top of them.
The bottom line
Next time you are looking for a simple side dish, remember this roasted sweet mini peppers recipe.
It only takes 14 minutes total to prep and cook them.
Enjoy. And be well, friends.
- 6 mini peppers
- 1 t olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the peppers.
- Cut the ends off of the peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, add the peppers, olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir to coat the peppers.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Place the peppers in the air fryer basket in one layer. Spread them out so that they have a bit of space between them.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and flip the peppers with tongs.
- Cook for another 4 to 6 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g