Find the best crockpot steak recipes here, along with our top picks, cooking tips, and delicious side dishes to make your slow cooker steak meals amazing.
People may think grilling or searing steak is better for a different texture and flavor, but some cooks also love using a crockpot for its simplicity and tasty results.
You just put all the ingredients in this kitchen helper, set the time and temperature, and then let it cook without having to watch it all the time. It’s great for busy folks who want a yummy steak dinner without much effort.
Using a crockpot makes the steak really tender, even if it’s a tougher cut of meat. The slow cooking breaks down the tough parts and makes it juicy. The meat also soaks up all the flavors from the other ingredients, making it taste amazing.
For inspiration for crockpot steak recipes or ideas on how to cook steak in a slow cooker, we’ve gathered our top 5 picks, this list of 17 slow cooker steak recipes from around the web, tips on how to get the best results, and even great side dishes!
- #3 Stuffed Flank Steak is a tender, juicy cut of beef filled with flavorful ingredients.
- Enjoy our easy-to-make #6 Crockpot Steak Bites, juicy pieces of steak with tasty gravy.
- Try this budget-friendly #9 Crock Pot Steak & Gravy recipe for a rich brown gravy that is sure to please.
- Experience a quick, pan-seared #12 Skirt Steak With Avocado Chimichurri for a flavorful South American adventure at dinner!
- Elevate your dinner with our exciting twist on the classic steak – the #15 Baked Stuffed Flank Steak!
Tips For Cooking Crockpot Steak Recipes
Cooking steak in a crockpot is a great way to get tender and flavorful results. Here are some tips to make delicious steak in your slow cooker.
- Choose the right cut of meat. Choose tougher cuts for slow cooking; their connective tissue breaks down over time, making the meat tender and flavorful.
- Sear the steak before slow cooking: Searing it in a hot skillet with oil before placing it in the crockpot enhances flavor, texture, and locks in juices.
- Add flavor with seasonings. Season the steak with your favorite herbs and spices for added flavor. We love Better Than Bouillon for easy flavor add-ins.
- Use a liquid. Keep the steak moist and flavorful by adding as much liquid as possible to the crockpot, creating a delicious sauce.
- Add vegetables. Enhance the flavor and balance of the dish by adding vegetables to the crockpot with the steak.
- Don’t overcook. Cook the steak on low heat for 6-8 hours to avoid overcooking, considering meat thickness and crock pot temperature.
- Use a meat thermometer. Use a meat thermometer to achieve medium-rare doneness at around 130-135°F (54-57°C).
- Thicken the sauce (optional). Thicken the sauce by creating a cornstarch-water slurry, adding it to the liquid in the crockpot after removing the steak, and cooking on high until thickened.
- Rest the steak before serving. Let the cooked steak rest briefly before slicing and serving to redistribute juices for juicer, tender meat.
- Adjust cooking times based on steak thickness. Adjust crockpot cooking time based on steak thickness to prevent overcooking; thicker steaks need more time, while thinner steaks require less.
Best Crockpot Steak Recipes
Honey Garlic Steak Bites, slow-cooked to tender perfection, are made irresistible with a customizable sweet or spicy honey-ketchup sauce. Prepare them ahead and let the crockpot handle the rest.
Ingredients include: Sesame oil, stew beef, honey, ketchup, and dried oregano.
The crock pot steak recipe features thinly sliced sirloin steak cooked in a flavorful sauce with peppers and onions until tender. It offers a convenient way to make a delicious and flavorful steak dish.
Ingredients include: Sirloin steak, green bell pepper, white onion, ginger, and white sugar.
In this easy Crockpot Minute Steak recipe, brown the round steaks, then cook them with onion and cream of mushroom soup in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Enjoy tender and juicy steaks, ideal for busy times, and is budget-friendly too.
Ingredients include: Round steak, flour, cream mushroom, and onion.
This slow cooker steak recipe starts with a steak seared in butter, then slow-cooked with beef broth, and seasonings. The result is a tender, juicy steak paired well with rice, potatoes, or egg noodles, and the searing step locks in flavor, making it a sure whole family favorite.
Ingredients include: Sirloin steak, white onion, beef broth, black pepper, and cornstarch.
Crockpot Swiss Steak is a flavorful and hearty dish with tenderized steak cooked in a rich sauce. Brown the steak, then slow cook it with other ingredients for 6-8 hours until tender, and serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Ingredients include: Round steak, carrots, celery, flour, and olive oil.
This easy slow cooker recipe for steak tacos uses sirloin steak, seasonings, peppers, and sliced onions to create tender, flavorful taco meat. Ideal for busy weeknights, just set it up in the morning and enjoy a versatile, customizable meal by evening.
Ingredients include: Beef sirloin, beef broth, cornstarch, tomatoes, and cumin.
Crock Pot Steak & Gravy is a quick, budget-friendly recipe that turns cube steaks into a tender, flavorful meal. Browned in a skillet then slow-cooked with onions and soups, it’s a customizable, one-pot comfort meal ideal for cold winter days.
Ingredients include: Cube steak, bacon, red wine, mushroom, and tomato paste.
Crockpot Mexican Steak and Beans is a quick and easy recipe with only 5 minutes of prep time. Let the slow cooker do the work for 8 hours, and enjoy a delicious and customizable meal.
Ingredients include: Beef cubes, corn kernels, black beans, salsa, and cheddar cheese.
These easy crock pot steak bites use an au jus gravy mix for rich flavor and ensure tender, juicy results. It’s a versatile recipe that you can adapt to suit your tastes.
Ingredients include: Sirloin steak, black pepper, vegetable oil, garlic, and butter.
This delicious recipe for carne asada delivers tender, flavorful beef for tacos, burritos, or salads. Cook it on low for 7-9 hours, and the slow cooker infuses the beef with delicious marinade flavors, creating a dish that everyone will love.
Ingredients include: Flank steak, olive oil, orange juice, cilantro, and cumin.
Crockpot Teriyaki Steak Bites is a simple recipe perfect for busy weeknights. The dish features tender steak bites in a sweet and savory sauce, made from a flavorful blend of ingredients and slow-cooked for maximum tenderness and flavor.
Ingredients include: Sirloin steak, cornstarch, pineapple starch, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
This easy slow cooker steak fajita recipe, perfect for a quick weeknight meal, offers tender, juicy steak and perfectly cooked bell peppers and onions with a Southwestern flavor. It’s simple to make, requires minimal hands-on time, and can be served with tortillas, rice, or cauliflower rice.
Ingredients include: Flank, bell pepper, onion, marinara tomato sauce, and beef stock.
This simple slow cooker recipe offers a sweet and savory sauce that enhances tender steak bites with a unique flavor profile from honey, ketchup, and soy sauce. For the best experience, serve the dish immediately after cooking to enjoy the irresistible taste before the sauce thickens as it cools.
Ingredients include: Steak, bourbon, honey, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar.
This hearty slow cooker dish offers a delicious twist on classic Steak Diane, with tender beef braised in a rich sauce of brandy, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, and mushrooms. It’s a versatile, make-ahead meal perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients include: Casserole beef, all-purpose flour, black pepper, tomato puree, and whisky.
This Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak recipe is the best way to enjoy a classic sandwich without standing over a hot stove. Cook the steak, peppers, and onions in the slow cooker for tender, flavorful results, and top it with melted provolone cheese for a delicious Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.
Ingredients include: Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, sirloin steak, red bell pepper, and butter.
Great Sides For Crock-Pot Steak
If you’re looking for great side dishes to go with your crockpot steak recipes, here are a few suggestions:
- Garlic bread. The buttery garlic bread pairs well with savory Crock-Pot steak in the slow cooker and helps mop up extra sauce.
- Green beans. Garlic and lemon-seasoned green beans lighten the hearty Crock Pot steak.
- Grilled asparagus. Grill salt and pepper-seasoned asparagus for a light steak side.
- Creamed spinach. Accompany crockpot steak with a creamy spinach dish made with cream, butter, and nutmeg.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts. Pair your crock steak recipe with crispy, roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Coleslaw. Tangy, crunchy coleslaw offers a nice contrast.
- Sweet potato fries. Baked sweet potato fries make a sweet, tasty side for crockpot steak.
- Quinoa salad. Serve a light quinoa salad with feta and lemon vinaigrette alongside steak.
- Baked macaroni and cheese. Complement crockpot steak with indulgent, creamy mac and cheese.
- Corn on the cob. Serve grilled corn on the cob with slow-cooker steak.
The bottom line
From steak bites to salads to casseroles, there’s a crockpot steak recipe here for everyone. Most of these recipes call for simple ingredients and are straightforward to put together!
Remember, the beauty of crockpot cooking is its versatility. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings, sauces, and veggies to create your own delicious crockpot steak recipes.
More About Crockpot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes
- Best Slow Cooker Recipes
- Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Bean Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes
- Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
- Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Curry Recipes
- Slow Cooker Ground Pork Recipes
- Crockpot Soups
- Crockpot Side Dishes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites
- Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- CrockPot Thai Steak Salad
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- CrockPot Minute Steak
- Crockpot Steak Bites
- Crockpot Swiss Steaks
- Slow Cooker Steak Tacos
- Crock Pot Steak & Gravy
- CrockPot Mexican Steak & Beans
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Slow Cooker Carne Asada
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Crock-Pot Steak Fajita
- Honey Bourbon Steak Tips
- Slow Cooked Steak Diane Casserole
- Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak
- Check our Crockpot Steak Recipes.
- Select a dish.
- Cook to your heart's content!
- Don't forget to share this list of meal inspiration!