Peanut butter is a very popular ingredient for cooking delicious meals and baking good tasting desserts, which is why melting peanut is a very important step that needs to be mastered.
A melted peanut butter can give you endless ideas on how to use it in your cuisines, and if you constantly include peanut butter in your food, there are several ways to melt it. Melting peanut butter obviously need heat, however, you don’t have to burn it if it’s properly done.
What Will You Need In Melting Peanut Butter?
- Peanut Butter- You can either choose smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
- Containers that are safe for cooking
- Spoon or Scoop- Peanut butter are solid and therefore must be scooped out of the jar.
- Whisk for Stirring- You will have to use a whisk to consistently stir the peanut butter while cooking.
- Any liquid- You will have to use water, milk or any other liquid if you need to change the texture and consistency of the peanut butter.
- Heating Equipment- A stove, blender, or a microwave is needed to heat your peanut butter.
How To Melt Peanut Butter
As mentioned above, there are several ways to melt peanut butter. However, before you do anything else, you have to know the ingredients of the peanut butter to avoid reaction when placed in heat. For instance, a smooth peanut butter or a crunchy one can have different results when set under heat.
If you prefer peanut butter with a lot of thick chunk nuts, you have to know that the nuts won’t easily melt with the rest of the ingredients in your peanut butter. In melting your peanut butter, you will need several things that are commonly found in your kitchen.
Melting Peanut Butter in a Saucepan
This step is very easy because you just need to obtain a saucepan, stove, peanut butter and a whisk for stirring.
- First, you scoop out the right amount of peanut butter that you want to melt
- Heat your saucepan using low heat to avoid burning your peanut butter.
- Use the whisk to continuously stir the peanut butter until it softens in your saucepan. You can also water or milk to change the consistency of your peanut butter.
Melting Peanut Butter in a Microwave
Using the microwave is one of the popular steps that you can do to melt your peanut butter. Although you may be used to heating your food with a microwave, melting peanut butter in a microwave can be a little tricky because you have to be precise with your time.
- Scoop out the desired amount of the peanut butter and place it in a microwave container.
- Place the container in the microwave
- Choose the highest temperature to melt your peanut butter, and set the timer around 30-40 seconds, which is the ideal time for melting your peanut butter.
- Once the timer has stopped, check if your peanut butter has melted. If you are not satisfied with the result, you may repeat the procedure.
Melting Peanut Butter Using Warm Water in a Blender
The use of blender can give you different results, depending on the liquid and other ingredients that you are mixing your peanut butter with.
Using the blender can you give less hassle, which means you don’t have to do the stirring because the blender will do it for you.
If you are using different liquids, you will have different results, and may take a longer time to acquire the desired consistency.
- Scoop out the amount of peanut butter from a jar.
- Place the peanut in the blender along with other liquid ingredients depending on your preference.
- For your recipe that needs a smooth and warm peanut butter, you can add hot water, and turn the blender. Blend the peanut butter until you get the exact consistency.
- If you prefer a creamy and sweet version of your peanut butter, you have to use warm milk. On the other hand, you can also use cream, and a little bit of honey or sugar. If you are planning to make a sauce or dressing, you can use add rice vinegar to your peanut butter.
How to melt peanut butter? Safe and easy steps to follow. What is your favorite snack?
Melting Peanut Butter Through Ladling
This is another option of melting peanut butter, but most people are not fond of using this method because there is a tendency that the flavor of the peanut butter might be altered. However, this method is very common to people who are making cakes or desserts.
- Scoop out the peanut butter from a jar, and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid ingredient, whether milk, water, or cream into the saucepan.
- Turn on the stove to a low or medium heat.
- Once the liquid is hot enough, pour the liquid into the mixing bowl with the peanut butter.
- Use a whisk to mix the peanut butter with the liquid ingredient. You have to consistently stir until the peanut butter has melted.
Things to Consider When Melting Peanut Butter
- When melting your peanut butter regardless of which method you apply, make sure you never overdo heating your peanut butter. If this will happen, you will end up with a burnt peanut butter.
- It is recommended to melt peanut butter when you will immediately use it, or else it will go back to its original form if you leave it at room temperature.
- It is best if you will avoid water because it will remove the flavor of your peanut butter. Substituting milk is a good choice to maintain the flavour of your peanut butter.
- Do not be afraid to try other ingredients or liquids to mix with your peanut butter. You may use rice vinegar and soy sauce, depending on your recipe.
Benefits of Peanut Butter
Aside from being delicious, the peanut butter is packed with lots of nutrients that your body will benefit from. For people who love to cook and are inclined to cook healthy food, the peanut butter can be a great ingredient that can be added to your meals.
Because it provides lots of health benefits, you may want to include peanut butter in your diet.Taking peanut butter at a moderate consumption can keep your body healthy. It contains calories needed for your body, as well as fiber and protein. Because it has a great amount of fiber, your digestive system will also benefit from its nutrients.
Peanut butter also contains nutrients that will keep your heart in good health. For people who want to lose weight, peanut butter is also a great choice to include in your diet. You don’t have to worry about your health when you include peanut in your recipes.
With the easy steps provided above, you can melt your peanut butter the way you want it. Furthermore, you will enjoy making your recipes with your melted peanut butter. Regardless of the method you will use, make sure you don’t overdo heating your peanut butter.