Find out our top picks for recipes with strawberry extract in this list and discover handy tips to make your dishes even tastier with this fruity ingredient!
Everyone has a soft spot for strawberries. Those juicy red fruits aren’t just a treat to eat, but they also bring back memories of picnics, summer outings, and family gatherings. Yet, as the colder months roll in and strawberries are harder to find, we often miss that delicious flavor.
That’s where strawberry extract comes in! This concentrate is like summer packed into a tiny space, giving us that familiar strawberry taste anytime we want.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best recipes with strawberry extract. From cookies to cakes, we’ve got something for every strawberry lover out there.
Best Strawberry Extract Brands
Here are some reputable strawberry extract brands highly reviewed for their quality:
- McCormick. Well-known for various flavor extracts, including strawberry, available in most stores.
- Nielsen-Massey. Renowned for high-quality strawberry extract, trusted by professionals.
- LorAnn Oils. Specializes in concentrated strawberry extract and food coloring.
- OliveNation. Online retailer offering various culinary products, including strawberry extract.
- Watkins. Famous brand with natural strawberry extract, free from artificial additives
Top 5 Recipe Picks
No time to lose? Let’s make it quick. Here are the faves:
- #2 Strawberry Cake uses both natural and artificial strawberry flavors.
- #5 Strawberry Cupcakes uses sour cream, which helps to make them moist and tender.
- #8 Strawberry Cheesecake can be made in about 30 minutes, including chilling time.
- #12 Strawberry Fudge is creamy and smooth, with a strong strawberry flavor.
- #15 Strawberry Shortcake uses shortbread cookies instead of the classic biscuit dough.
Best Recipes With Strawberry Extract
This dessert features a gorgeous dome shape, a classic cracked exterior of a crinkle cookie, and a perfect shade of pink. The cookies get a soft, slightly cakey texture from rolling them in powdered sugar before baking.
This recipe is a delightful blend of nostalgia and fresh ingredients. The cake cake emulates the flavor of a box mix but elevates it with real strawberries, resulting in a rose-colored dessert.
These truffles are packed full of strawberry flavor and are covered in powdered sugar, making them a perfect bite-sized treat. They’re not only decadent and refreshing but also super simple to make.
Strawberry brownies are a luscious yet easy dessert that can be made with just five ingredients. They have a moist and chewy texture, a vibrant pink color, and a sweet strawberry flavor.
These cupcakes are made from scratch with a simple vanilla cake batter and fresh strawberry puree. They’re topped with a creamy strawberry buttercream frosting that’s also infused with fresh strawberries.
These Strawberry Marshmallows are soft, fluffy, and bursting with strawberry flavor. You can make them with fresh or frozen strawberries, and they only require a few ingredients and a candy thermometer.
This moist and delicious pound cake features fresh strawberries, sweet cream butter, and a touch of vanilla extract. Serve it as-is or with a side of whipped cream and fresh fruit for a delightful treat.
This cheesecake is super simple, made with just 8 ingredients, including cream cheese, sugar, strawberry flavor, whipped topping, and a vanilla crumb crust. After mixing, chill it for 3 hours and top it with fresh strawberries.
These summer strawberry cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with fresh fruity flavor. The recipe can be personalized to your taste, allowing you to create a unique version.
This homemade strawberry ice cream is easy to make and requires only fresh strawberries, heavy cream, sugar, strawberry extract, and vanilla. The result is a creamy and delicious dessert ideal for summer.
This dessert incorporates fresh strawberries into the batter and baking it in a bundt cake pan to create a beautiful, ring-shaped cake. It’s topped with a luscious fruity glaze made from freeze-fried strawberries.
12. Strawberry Fudge
This easy-to-make microwave fudge is infused with both strawberry cake mix and strawberry extract. Just make sure to opt for high-quality white chocolate chips for a richer and creamier fudge outcome.
Strawberry Buttercream is a versatile frosting option when you don’t have fresh strawberries or time to make reductions. It’s a twist on classic vanilla buttercream with strawberry flavoring and a hint of pink food coloring.
This snack mix combines crunchy cereal, white chocolate, and freeze-dried strawberries. It’s excellent for those who love strawberries and are looking for a sweet and satisfying snack.
This dessert features fresh strawberries and sweetened whipped cream sandwiched between two homemade cakes. The strawberries are coated in sugar and chilled to create a sweet and juicy filling
The bottom line
It’s clear that the magic of strawberries doesn’t have to be limited to summer months. With the wonder of strawberry extract, we’ve discovered that it’s possible to sprinkle a bit of that delightful berry taste into our dishes throughout the entire year. Plus, you get all that luscious flavor without having to macerate and process berries yourself only to have that chunky appearance left.
Simple to use yet profoundly transformative, this little ingredient ensures that the joy and flavor of strawberries are never far from reach, no matter the season.
Tips When Using Strawberry Extract In Recipes
Using strawberry extract in recipes can add a burst of strawberry flavor to your cakes, cookies, and truffle candies. Here are helpful tips to help you make the most of this delicious ingredient:
- Start small. Strawberry extract is potent, so use it sparingly to avoid overpowering your recipe.
- Taste and adjust. Add a little extract at a time, tasting as you go, to achieve the perfect strawberry flavor balance.
- Add gradually. When using it in liquid recipes, like smoothies, add extract slowly to control the intensity.
- Combine with fresh. Pair extract with fresh or frozen strawberries for richer flavor depth.
- Mind sugar. Be aware of added sweetness in strawberry extract and adjust your recipe’s sugar accordingly.
- Baking tip. Mix extract into wet ingredients for even distribution in baked goods.
- Color note. The extract doesn’t add much color, so use natural food coloring or real strawberries for a vibrant look.
- Proper storage. Keep your extract in a cool, dark place in a well-sealed container.
- Check ingredients. Read labels for quality, avoiding unnecessary additives
- Get creative. Experiment with strawberry extract in a variety of dishes, not just desserts.
- Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Truffles
- Strawberry Brownies
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Summer Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Fudge
- Strawberry Buttercream
- Strawberry Lover’s Snack Mix
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Skim through our Recipes With Strawberry Extract list.
- Select the recipe that looks good.
- Prep the ingredients as instructed.
- Be sure to share this list of foodie finds!