This is a recipe for a chocolate peanut butter chia pudding. It is so easy to make and so delicious at the same time. You mix together the ingredients and let them thicken in the fridge overnight. You will love this and make it over and over again. Once I discovered chia seeds and how to actually use them, I was hooked. I have been making protein shakes of all types and chia puddings of all types ever since. While this recipe isn’t ready to eat until the next day, it only takes 5 minutes to put it all together. The bulk of your prep time will really be in locating all of your ingredients. If you are like me, I wind up digging for the honey and cocoa powder every time. My pantry can become a black hole of disorganization, no matter how hard I try.
Table Of Contents
What is chia pudding?
Chia pudding is a pudding mixture made with a foundation of milk and chia seeds. The type of milk doesn’t matter directly but most often people use nut milk or non-dairy milk to create the pudding.
The chia seeds absorb the liquid and swell. When you first add the chia seeds to the milk they are crunchy and hard. With enough time they will swell many times in size and become squishy and chewy in texture.
Chia seeds themselves don’t really have a flavor. This is why people will add other ingredients to the mixture to create unique flavors such as chocolate, peanut butter, and sweetener.
Tips on making chocolate chia pudding
- Be sure to add plenty of liquid to the chia pudding mix. Chia swells as it absorbs the liquid. So the mixture should start off quite soupy but note that it will thicken up far more than you expect overnight.
- Mixing in peanut butter can be a bit challenging but do your best to stir it into the mixture.
- Be sure to stir the pudding again before you eat it.
- This pudding is best served cold.
- Add the berries or whatever toppings that you choose right before serving and NOT the night before.
- If I don’t have any toppings, I will just eat the pudding as is. It truly is that tasty.
Check out these articles:
- How to Make the Perfect Puff Pastry! Everything You Need to Know.
- Two Cold Fruit No-Bake Pie Recipes You’ll Love
- How to Make Chocolate Macaroons
- Air Fryer Baked Apples Quick and Easy
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake (The Microwave Recipe)
How to make peanut butter chia pudding
Making chia pudding is so easy to do because you mix the ingredients together and allow it to thicken in the fridge.
▶Step 1: Gather your supplies and ingredients. Having everything in one place makes this much easier. This is our overview of how to make peanut butter chia pudding with a few additional tips. Down below you will find the full recipe with measurements.
- Glass bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Small mason jars
- chia seeds
- almond milk (or any nut milk
- cocoa powder
- peanut butter
▶Step 2: Add the chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, peanut butter, honey and salt to the glass bowl. (Note that the salt is optional but it does compliment the cocoa powder well and add a bit of flavor. )
If you have powder peanut butter you could use that hear. It will mix quite well with the milk and cocoa powder. I personally prefer the texture of peanut butter in this but the powder does have its place in this recipe because it will mix quite well.
▶Step 3: Stir the ingredients together until they are smooth.
▶Step 4: Transfer the pudding mixture into individual containers or a single airtight container. Then place them in the fridge and allow the pudding to set and thicken overnight.
What container that you use is purely up to you. I like to create servings by using a single-serving size mason jars with the lid. This makes it so easy to grab a container and go. This way you can add it to a lunch bag easily.
Tip: However, if you use a mason jar, don’t fill it completely. Fill it about ¾ full so that you leave enough room to top it off with some berries.
- ¼ c chia seeds
- 1 ¼ c almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 4 t cocoa powder
- 1 t vanilla
- 4 T peanut butter
- 3 T honey
- ¼ t salt
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir until smooth and completely mixed.
- Transfer to an airtight container or containers. (Small mason jars)
- Chill overnight.
- Stir and serve.
- Top with berries, chocolate chips, or nuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 11gSugar: 33gProtein: 12g