This delicious zucchini fritter is so easy to make and it is a fantastic snack. If are you looking for a healthy snack that is a bit unique then this recipe is for you.
I decided to make this recipe because I had some leftover grated zucchini that I didn’t want to go to waste. In this house, we are big fans of sausage balls. So I wondered about the idea of a sausage ball alternative with zucchini.
It turns out that is a great idea. How do I know?
Well, we ate all of these zucchini fritters in one sitting. Yep, that is a lovely Friday night treat right there.
We have this weird habit of buying more zucchini than we need. It is always so green and beautiful in the store. We like having it around but then sometimes run out of ideas of what to do with it.
Now, I will never have this problem again. This will be my go-to afternoon snack going forward. It is that darn delicious and that darn easy to bake.
Can you make these ahead of time?
You could make these zucchini fritters ahead of time and reheat them later. However, what I would recommend is that you mix it all together ahead of time and then store the batter in the fridge.
Then bake them when you are ready to eat them. That way you will have a cleaner kitchen when you are ready to eat them later.
How to store leftover fritters?
If you have any leftover zucchini bites you can store them for later. Just place them in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. They will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Tips and tricks
- If your eggs are small you may want to use two. Start off with one and everything isn’t binding together well add a second egg.
- If you want to add a bit of spice to the fritters add in some red pepper flakes.
- Be certain that you squeeze as much water out of the grated zucchini as possible. You don’t want these going into the oven wet and sloppy because they will fall apart.
- If you don’t have panko, use bread crumbs. Check out these bread crumb substitutes.
- If you don’t have cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese substitute any melting cheese that you have.
- 1 1/4 c shredded zucchini
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c shredded parmesan
- 1/3 c bank or bread crumbs
- 1/8 t Rosemary
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t oregano
- 1/8 t pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425
- line a baking pan with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper be sure to spray coat the pan with baking spray.
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Shred the zucchini.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. I mixed it with my hands.
- Shape the zucchini fritters like you would a cookie that you are baking.
- Place the fritters on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Serve while hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g
This is officially one of my favorite snacks. I had never had these before today but I know that I will have them again tomorrow. They are just that good. If you are trying to find uses for that zucchini besides zucchini bread, this is a new go-to recipe for you.
These cheesy zucchini bites are yummy!