This fast and easy Chili Dip Recipe With Velveeta Cheese is a fantastic appetizer to serve at your next event.
It only contains 3 ingredients (no kidding!) and you can cook it in 7 minutes in the microwave.
I am a real sucker for a great dip.
It’s absolutely delicious over a plate of cheese fries, like in this taste-test winner.
This cheesy chili dip is one that is so simple to make that I forget about it sometimes.
And at first I was convinced that I would need to add more seasonings or extra shredded cheese, but it’s not the case.
There’s plenty of chili flavor and cheesy goodness here in these three ingredients.
When planning a party I have a habit of over-complicating my menu.
In truth though, people love the classics and they love cheese.
A lot of people tend to turn their nose up at Velveeta cheese when they are shopping but serve it to them at a party and suddenly they are reminiscing about their childhood and a sleepover.
My tip to you is to make more of this than you think people will eat.
Then watch it disappear. 🌬️ 🌬️ 🌬️
Chili dip is a cheesy, yummy and satisfying dip made with smooth processed cheese, canned no-bean chili, and a can of hot or mild Rotel tomatoes.
If you want to take the time, you could use a homemade chili but we recommend using no beans for this dip.
We use processed cheese in our Chili Dip With Velveeta Cheese for a super smooth and creamy snack.
A delicious dip that only requires 3 ingredients is a real winner in our book.
Am I alone in thinking that there is something so comforting about eating chips and dip and binging a new tv show?
Sure it is probably a bit better to share it with friends but…I am just a real sucker for snack foods.
Supplies to gather
- Cutting Board
- Knife for cubing the cheese
- Can Opener
- Large Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Spoon for stirring
- Microwave Splatter Cover or paper plate
- Serving Bowl
- Optional: Slow cooker with lid to keep dip warm
- Can of Rotel tomatoes (mild or hot, depending on your preference)
- 16 oz block of plain Velveeta
- Can of no-bean chili
How to serve Chili Dip
When serving chili dip make sure that it is hot or at least very warm.
You will want to stir it often because the cheese will start to cool and form an edible but rather unappetizing-looking film over the top.
This isn’t a big deal and will go away once you stir the dip.
We keep ours in a crock pot on warm and keep the lid on.
Consider serving the Chili Dip with:
- Tortilla chips, flour tortillas
- Spoon it over nachos or arepas
- Fresh cut veggies such as carrot sticks and celery
- Pieces of cubed toasted french bread or pita
- Crackers such as Triscuits or Ritz crackers
- It would even be super delicious in our recipe for Chili Cheese Fries
Recipe variations for Velveeta Chili Dip
While we keep this Chili Dip Recipe With Velveeta Cheese simple there are all kinds of options for switching it up and adding additional ingredients.
Here are a few suggestions that you can mix and match to your liking:
- Bacon – Cook up some crispy bacon and then break it into small pieces. Stir it in the chili dip right before serving.
- Ground beef – Cook up ground beef in the skillet. Break it into small pieces and thoroughly drain the fat. Then mix in the beef when cooking the dip in the microwave.
- Green chilis – Open and drain a can of green chilis. Add it in the bowl when you add the Rotel tomatoes.
- Cayenne pepper – Add a dash of cayenne pepper and stir into the dip.
- Cilantro – Roughly chop cilantro and sprinkle it over the top of the chili dip before serving.
- Red onion – Dice a small red onion and stir into the chili dip right before serving.
How to store Chili Dip
If you have leftover chili dip you can store it covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
1) Allow the chili dip to come to room temperature before moving it to the fridge.
2) Transfer the leftover dip in an airtight container. Cover it with a lid or cling wrap.
3) Stir often while reheating since cheese dip has a tendency to develop hot spots.
Can you reheat Chili Dip?
Yes, you can reheat this chili dip recipe with velveeta cheese.
It’s super easy to do, just remember to keep stirring to avoid burnt edges in the bowl and hot spots.
Here’s how to reheat Chili Dip in the microwave:
1) Transfer just the serving size that you would like to reheat to a microwave-safe bowl.
2) Place the bowl in the microwave and cover it with a paper towel or microwave-safe lid.
3) Reheat it in 25-second increments and stir in between until it is fully creamy and heated through.
The bottom line
While we would never suggest eating Velveeta more than a couple times a year, for a fast, delicious dip for a party, game night, tailgating, poker night, the holidays or those special occasions when you need a lot of cheesy, tasty dip in a hurry, this Chili Dip Recipe With Velveeta Cheese is for you!
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 - 10 oz Can of Rotel Tomatoes (Drained)
- 1 - 15 oz Can of Hormel Chili (Without Beans)
- Optional: Dippers like tortilla chips
- Cut the Velveeta into 2-in cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir to coat the Velveeta cubes.
- Place in the microwave and cover the bowl with a paper plate or microwave splatter cover. Stirring every two minutes, cook on high for 7 minutes total.
- Continue heating and stirring until the cheese is melted and creamy in appearance. (Cook times may vary depending on the microwave.)
- Serve with tortilla chips or other dipping foods, and enjoy!
- Store leftovers up to five days covered tightly in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 960mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g