If the kid in you still loves candy corn, you’ll love these so-simple Candy Corn Flower Cupcakes you can make at home in a flash!
Arranged in an artful (but easy) flower shape on the top of homemade OR store-bought cupcakes, it will look like you were inspired by Monet himself!
If you are putting together a Halloween party and you don’t want any monster or scary stuff around the house, or it’s a glorious brunch to ring in fall (finally), these are for you.
With just a few inexpensive items, you’ll add some whimsical fall pizzazz to your dessert table for a special occasion or class party!
This one is so easy, you can use any flavor/color frosting, any flavor of cupcake, and you can even skip the work of baking them yourself and just pick up a dozen at the store.
Does it get easier than that? Nope. Customize these Candy Corn Flower Cupcakes to any flavor or dietary preference that you want.
Believe it or not, there’s even more than just one brand of candy corn.
Brach’s Classic is readily available, but Jelly Belly and Oh Nuts! also make their own candy corn.
Be sure to check out our photos to help you create this fun flower pattern!
Let’s get decoratin’!
• Use any flavor cupcake you want, too. The yellow vanilla flavor seemed to go well with the rest of the fall color palette, but this is your recipe now. Use whatever box cake mix suits you!
• Gold sugar sprinkles is what I had in the pantry and we got lucky on this one. You don’t have to buy gold if you have other colors to put in the center. Just make sure they are EDIBLE sprinkles.
• If you have little helpers, these candy corns are easy to “correct” if they go down into the frosting the “wrong” way. Gently pry them off and start over with a new candy corn. Bonus for eating the delicious “mistake.”
• Pressed for time? Skip the baking and just buy a dozen cupcakes at the store. Use an offset spatula or butter knife to scrape off most of the icing and start the process by pressing the candy corns into the ½-inch of frosting that’s left on each one. Will anyone be the wiser? Probably not, and you’ll save yourself some time.
Supplies to gather
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mini Spatula
- Nonstick Baking Spray
- Cupcake Pan
- Yellow Cake Mix (Requires, eggs, oil, and water, according to most mixes
- Vanilla Frosting)
- Candy Corn
- Gold Sugar Sprinkles
The bottom line
We’ve come to the point in life where we really like cute that’s also easy.
Really easy, fast, and did I say easy?
I tried to decorate a cake by hand the other day, just a simple swirl around the edge, and let’s just say that I need LOTS of practice. Oof.
These Candy Corn Flower Cupcakes are just the ticket for a fast treat that looks really cute and season appropriate.
Want some more fun-for-fall sweets and treats? 🎃
- NEW: Halloween “Puppy” Chow
- NEW: Frankenstein Rice Krispies
- 27 Fall Cookie Recipes
- 15 Fall Baking Recipes
- NEW! Easy & Fun Halloween Trail Mix
- 19 Haunting Halloween Snacks!
- 25 Halloween Cakes
- 30 Boo-tiful Halloween Appetizers
- 30 Halloween Punch Recipes
- 34 Fall Crockpot Recipes
- NEW: Halloween Dirt Pudding Cups!
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (Requires, eggs, oil, and water, according to most mixes)
- 1 Can of Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Bag of Candy Corn
- Jar of Gold Sugar Sprinkles
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box of cake mix.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, set them aside to cool completely, about 45 minutes at room temperature or 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Ice all of the cupcakes with the vanilla frosting in a ½-inch layer.
- Gently press each candy corn into the frosting with white points facing inward toward the center of each cupcake. Set candy corns all the way around. This will leave a small “hole” in the center.
- Fill each cupcake’s center “hole” with the gold sprinkles for the center of the flower (see photos).
- Plate and serve immediately or pack them up in this handy cupcake taker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.