This Starbucks Pink Drink copycat recipe is super refreshing and quite simple to make. Andi and I worked to keep this recipe simple with few ingredients.
If you’re looking for a refreshing summer drink that’s also fanciful, this is your new go-to favorite beverage.
It is pink!
It is icy!
It is refreshing.
We recently moved slightly out of the city. We’re just far enough away from the closet Starbucks that I find myself going less and less by the day.
This is why I’m now learning how to make several of their recipes or at least my own copycat version of their recipes.
Did you know that:
- The pink drink is actually called: Strawberry Açaí Refreshers® Beverage. Yes, they weren’t overly creative and even they just call it the Pink Drink on their website. So when at the store, you can just order the pink drink and they will give you what you want.
- This was originally a secret menu item. Starbucks officially added it to the menu in 2016. Apparently, they did this to standardize the recipe because it had become so popular.
Ingredients in Starbucks Pink drink copycat version
Tazo passion herbal tea – Now this tea is pretty easy to get at a lot of grocery stores these days but you can also be like me and just order it from Amazon. If you can’t find this tea you can substitute a berry tea.
Coconut milk – You can use different nut milk if you would prefer. We do prefer this recipe with coconut milk but you could use almond milk, for example.
White grape juice – This ingredient serves a few purposes for the recipe. One of the important ones is a sweetener.
Strawberries – The fresher and brighter the strawberries the better.
Does the Starbucks pink drink have caffeine?
No, this version of the pink drink doesn’t have caffeine in it. We actually use a Tazo decaf berry tea. However, when making the drink pay close attention to the type of tea that you purchase. Most teas do have caffeine so the answer to this will vary depending on what you purchase.
Now, it’s important to note that if you buy the pink drink from Starbucks it will contain caffeine. On their website, though, they note that it’s lightly caffeinated. That of course, is rather vague but it does mean yes on the caffeine question, nonetheless.
Recipe variation ideas
• Add homemade whipped cream atop the drink.
• Add blackberries
• Add blueberries
• Add frozen mixed berries
• Add honey for an extra touch of sweetness
• Add all of the ingredients with a bit of extra ice into a blender. Mix it all and turn it into a slushie.
- 1 c Tazo passion herbal tea
- 1 c coconut milk
- ¾ c white grape juice
- ½ c Ice cubes
- 4 strawberries
- Prepare the Tazo passion tea per the instructions on the package. Allow the tea to cool.
- Core and slice the strawberries.
- Add all the ingredients except the ice, into a small pitcher.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the ice cubes to a tall glass.
- Pour the pink drink mixture into the glass.
While this is a fun summer drink, you can have it any time of the year. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, add a bit of rum to the mixture and turn it into a fun cocktail for friends!