This cranberry mojito is easy to make and quite delicious.
If you are looking for a cranberry mojito recipe, I highly suggest giving this one a try.
I am not sure why but making a mojito at home always seemed intimidating.
It turns out that it is pretty simple to do.
The only real challenging part is making sure that you have the ingredients.
Depending on the time of year, it can be a bit difficult to get your hands on whole cranberries.
Perhaps, making a cranberry cocktail is considered more of a winter festive drink idea.
What we do is buy bags and bags of whole cranberries from Aldi when they first come out and freeze them.
This way, we have cranberries at our disposal year-round.
And let me tell ya, we use them all.
We love the heck out of cranberries around here.
First, if you don’t have a cocktail muddler, don’t worry.
I didn’t have one on hand when making this cocktail, but I wish that I had.
You can use a small spoon as a muddler.
If you have a mortar and pestle, use the pestle. It makes a great muddler.
Do you shake or stir a mojito?
This one is a popular question, and the answer is that you gently stir the mojito. It isn’t a shaken cocktail.
Now, when stirring your mojito, do so gently.
Avoid stirring up the mint, and muddled cranberries at the bottom will be a better drinking experience.
When making this cocktail, the one annoyance I had was drinking it.
I think mint is incredible and all, but it would have been a much more pleasant experience if I had strained out the mint.
There is always a balance between beauty and flavor. You can make that decision for yourself.
Garnishing with mint makes for a pretty drink, but the mint got in the way.
In the future, I will use a slotted spoon to remove my mint before I drink.
Tips and Tricks
- Use crushed ice in your cocktail. When you pour it into the cup, it doesn’t make as much of a mess.
I also feel like it looks better.
- It chills but also melts quicker. Consider putting the ice in the glass on top of the muddled cranberry in mint to hold those items in place when adding the other ingredients.
- If the drink is too sweet, try adding a dash of bitters and stir.
- Make the cocktail with lemons instead if you don’t have any limes.
Cranberry Mojito Recipe
This is easy to make cranberry mojito. You only need a few crucial ingredients.
- 2 oz rum
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz raspberry syrup
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Soda water
- 5-7 mint leaves
- 4 whole cranberries
- 1 lime for garnish
- Cut a few lime rounds that are 1/4" thick. Set aside.
- Add the cranberries to the bottom of the glass and press them with your muddler or a spoon. This will release the flavors of the cranberries.
- Add the mint leaves and press them gently with the muddler to release the oils.
- Add the lime juice, then the raspberry syrup and rum.
- Add some ice to the glass.
- Top the glass with soda water.
- Stir slowly with your spoon when stirring, don't go all way to the bottom of the glass when you stir so you don't disturb the mint leaves. This tip makes for a more pleasant drinking experience.
- Add a lime wheel and mint leaf as garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.