When you’re hosting a dinner party, figuring out a vegetable side that complements your main dish can be quite a daunting task. Not to mention, after making all those dishes, the last thing you want to do is spend more effort at cooking a side dish.
This is the sole reason why I’ve compiled this thorough list of all the easy yet delectable vegetable dishes that you can serve at your next dinner party and wow all your guests, with minimum efforts required, all at the same time!
Table Of Contents
- 1. Cauliflower mac and cheese
- 2. Broiled broccolini and capers
- 3. Horseradish sour cream mashed potatoes
- 4. Cast iron Hasselback potatoes
- 5. Green beans with spiced chickpeas
- 6. Sweet potato and cauliflower salad
- 7. Charred corn salad
- 8. Baked parmesan mushrooms
- 9. Roasted vegetables
- 10. Crispy Dijon smashed potatoes
- 11. Baked zucchini fries
- 12. Broccoli and cauliflower gratin
- 13. Spicy roasted sweet potato and kale salad
- 14. Apple and poppy seed coleslaw
- 15. Easy creamed corn
- 16. Maple curry roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and apples
- 17. Roasted brussels sprouts
- The bottom line
- Vegetable side dishes
1. Cauliflower mac and cheese
With this delicious and creamy cauliflower mac n cheese, you can also sneak in some veggies for the kids. On the other hand, the mashed cauliflower also makes the dish even creamier, so it’s truly a win-win for everyone!
2. Broiled broccolini and capers
If you’re hosting a dinner party and don’t have that much time and want a quick fix with a veggie side dish, look no further than the simple broiled broccolini and capers.
Season these vegetables with spices generously to make them more flavorful; char them in the oven, and you’re done!
3. Horseradish sour cream mashed potatoes
Pair this deliciously flavorful, creamy, and easy vegetable side dish with a meaty main, and you’ve got the perfect dinner party combination!
Take a look at the recipe here!
4. Cast iron Hasselback potatoes
With the help of chopsticks, you can make these potatoes look entirely cut and roasted while not putting in the full effort. It’s an excellent recipe for when you’re in a rush. Check it out here.
5. Green beans with spiced chickpeas
Smoke and grill the chickpeas before mixing in the green beans to get the perfect smokey flavor. Take it a step further by seasoning these with cumin and cayenne. You can find the recipe for this veggie side here.
6. Sweet potato and cauliflower salad
All you need is to toss the sweet potato and cauliflower in an olive oil dressing, and you’re good to go! It cannot get easier than this.
Here’s the recipe for sweet potato and cauliflower salad.
7. Charred corn salad
This super easy corn salad can be made with an indoor or outdoor grill, and it should go well with practically any main dish. Toss in some basil and potatoes to give them the perfectly fresh kick.
Find the recipe here!
8. Baked parmesan mushrooms
The easiest and most flavorful mushrooms you’ll ever make are these baked parmesan mushrooms. To say that they’re a must-try for everyone is an understatement.
9. Roasted vegetables
Sometimes a simple tray of roasted vegetables is all you need for a hearty dinner meal. It’s easy, simple, and delicious. Here’s the recipe for our favorite easy roasted vegetables.
10. Crispy Dijon smashed potatoes
With a Dijon and herb combination in delicious potatoes, you cannot go wrong. Find out more details about the recipe here.
11. Baked zucchini fries
Zucchini fries have been all the rage amongst the healthy community and for all the right reasons. Even kids will enjoy these tasty treats. Check out the recipe here.
12. Broccoli and cauliflower gratin
This creamy and melt-in-your-mouth recipe will leave your guests wanting more. Though it might require a bit more effort than the other veggie sides, it’s definitely worthwhile.
Find out more details here.
13. Spicy roasted sweet potato and kale salad
This is certainly not your regular salad! Easy and tasty, this spicy roasted sweet potato and kale salad will be the best addition to your dinner table if you serve meaty and hearty mains.
14. Apple and poppy seed coleslaw
This unique coleslaw recipe is probably the most ideal side to serve if you’re looking for a sweet and tangy vegetable side dish. It should also go well with fried chicken or fried seafood.
Take a look at the recipe here!
15. Easy creamed corn
Looking for an easy and absolutely decadent veggie side dish? Here’s one that will appeal to adults and kids alike. Serve it with roasted chicken or turkey – the perfect addition to this delish recipe!
16. Maple curry roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and apples
On a busy holiday dinner, this is the perfect vegetable side dish recipe. Not only is it super easy to make, but it’s healthy and nutritious.
So if you plan to serve those looking for healthy options, this is the one. Or if your primary is rather on the unhealthier side, this will balance it out perfectly.
Ultimately, you only need 40 minutes to make this recipe, you can get it here!
17. Roasted brussels sprouts
For our last veggie side entry, I recommend only the easiest and simplest of all. This is a hit with almost anything you make. The balsamic vinegar dressing on these veggies will give it the kick it needs.
Check out the recipe here.
Daunting no more! At long last, this list of vegetable side dishes should give you more time to prep up more add ons on the table that should further enhance the overall experience. But with these sides, I’ve gathered, such a thing might be an overkill. Still, carry on!
- Roasted brussels sprouts
- Maple curry roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and apples
- Easy creamed corn
- Apple and poppy seed coleslaw
- Spicy roasted sweet potato and kale salad
- Broccoli and cauliflower gratin
- Baked zucchini fries
- Crispy Dijon smashed potatoes
- Roasted vegetables
- Baked parmesan mushrooms
- Charred corn salad
- Sweet potato and cauliflower salad
- Green beans with spiced chickpeas
- Cast iron Hasselback potatoes
- Horseradish sour cream mashed potatoes
- Broiled broccolini and capers
- Cauliflower mac and cheese
- Choose two to three vegetable side dishes in the compilation.
- Check the recipes accordingly.
- Serve and enjoy with your mains.