Every time I think about holidays, I can’t help but reminisce about those creamy, rich, and delectable fantasy fudges I usually eat when I was young. Oh God, I miss those days!
Thanks to my mom’s recipe book, I can make my all-time favorite fudge whenever I crave one.
If you like anything that has chocolate and marshmallows together, let’s be a BFF from now on! And as my newfound friend, I’ll give you a present.
Ta-da! A delicious fudge recipe that will surely fulfill your dessert fantasy. If you’re searching for that “how to make a fantasy fudge” keywords on Google, you landed on the right page, my friend!
What is fantasy fudge?
Fantasy fudge is a classic, sweet dessert that originated from the back of a marshmallow creme bar. It has been made from decades but over the years, home cooks far and wide have made various versions far from the original version.
How long does fantasy fudge last?
When stored correctly, your leftover fantasy fudge will last in the fridge for about 2 to 3 weeks. However, if you store it in an airtight container at room temperature, it will last for about one to two weeks.
How to store fantasy fudge?
It’s a waste if you throw away your fantasy fudge leftovers. The best way to store it is to freeze it!
Check out these step-by-step instructions to properly extend the shelf life of your favorite gem.
- Divide the fudge into smaller portions. This approach is better than freezing the entire block as it makes it easier to defrost later. However, if you are sure you will need the entire block at once, you can skip this step and freeze the whole block.
- Seal each portion using plastic wrap. Keep in mind that packing is the most important part of freezing fudge so make sure you take your time and do it properly.
- Once you are done wrapping your fudge, it’s time to transfer them in an airtight container.
- Place the container in the freezer and you are good to go. If you are using a bag, remove as much air as possible and seal it before placing it in the freezer.
Quick Tip: We recommend to double wrap it to lock in the sweetness and goodness of the fudge.
Can I use butter instead of margarine in a fantasy fudge?
Absolutely yes! In this recipe, we substitute butter instead of margarine. But if you don’t want to use the former, margarine should be fine.
Do I need to refrigerate a fantasy fudge?
This one depends on you. However, I recommend refrigerating it so the fudge can extend its shelf life to 2 to 3 weeks. Make it sure it’s completely sealed!
Can I use marshmallow creme instead of marshmallows in fantasy fudge?
Yes, you can use a marshmallow creme. The original recipe of the fantasy fudge has a marshmallow creme ingredient. But in this recipe, we use mini marshmallows.
If it’s your first time, no worries! CookingChew will guide you throughout the process. Just take a look into this fantasy fudge recipe and you’re good to go!
Are you ready? Let the cooking begin!
Fantasy Fudge Recipe
- 3 c sugar
- ¾ c butter
- ⅔ c evaporated milk
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Candy thermometer
- Firstly, grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Add the sugar, butter, and milk to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Then, stir often until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Use a candy thermometer and continue cooking until the mixture reaches 234 degrees.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Then stir in the pecans and vanilla extra. Mix in completely.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and allow the fudge to cool completely.
- Once the fudge is firm, cut into small squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
The bottom line
I know you’re drooling while taking notes of this amazing fantasy choco-marshmallow fudge recipe. Want more fudge recipes? You’re going to love our very own peanut butter fudge that is SUPER creamy and easy!
What are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and start cooking this mouthwatering chocolate fudge today!