So crack dip is appropriately named. You just can’t stop eating it. The moment you have some of this creamy, cheesy dip, you’ll want more.
Seriously though, this sour cream dip is so easy to make that you’ll find yourself keeping all of the ingredients in stock for a typical Thursday night of binging TV.
I believe that the trick to making this extra delicious is to use more freshly cooked bacon than the recipe calls for.
To be fair, bacon is my solution to all of our problems.
What is crack dip?
It’s also most often served with tortilla chips or celery sticks.
Can you make crack dip in advance?
Yes, you can make crack dip 24 hours in advance.
Mix all of the ingredients, except for the bacon. Then, place the creamy mixture in a sealed container and place it in the fridge.
Go ahead and break up the bacon into pieces and store them in a separate container in the fridge as well.
When you’re ready to serve the dip, add the bacon and stir it well to mix it through thoroughly.
What do you serve with crack dip?
We recommend serving this dip with Ritz crackers, tortilla chips, or celery sticks.
The deliciousness of crack dip also gets more pronounced with carrot sticks or cauliflower.
Note that you also need something sturdy enough to hold up to the dipping process.
- Drain a can of corn and add corn to the dip.
- Add chunks of chicken breast to make it heartier.
- If you like spicy foods, then add in some chili pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Add in a bit of buffalo sauce for that extra kick.
- If you like a bit of tang, consider adding in blue cheese chunks.
- Use a green onion dip packet instead of the ranch dressing.
- Add diced jalapenos and pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese.
The bottom line
If you’re looking for a late-night snack or a dip to serve at your next party, the crack dip recipe is for you.
Best of all, you’ll likely have everything that you need to whip this up in your kitchen already.
Crack dip is so versatile that you can spice it up or make it heartier with simple additions, such as chunks of chicken, and buffalo sauce.
The secret, really, is to make more of this dip than you think you should as it is easily the tastiest dip out there.
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 green onions
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Set the cream cheese out on the counter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Cook the bacon. Pat it dry with a paper towel and allow it to cool. Then crumble it.
- Slice the green onion into small round pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning packet. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the cheese, bacon slices, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Stir until it is thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle green onion atop.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g