If you’re a fan of peanut butter made light, fluffy and creamy, this no-bake peanut butter pie recipe is such a luscious indulgence.
While I am a huge fan of freshly crushed cookie or graham cracker crumbs, a busy weeknight is definitely the time for the pre-made graham cracker crust that you can buy in the store.
If you want a chocolate cookie crust instead, you can get one of those pre-made too. Easy peasy.
And this recipe takes Cool Whip or any generic whipped topping instead of whipped heavy cream, so you’ll grab a container out of the grocer’s freezer and be on your way.
These recipe “cheats” make for an even easier, faster recipe that is quick to whip up and chill for guests.
Treat yourself to fast, easy, and foolproof with our no-bake peanut butter pie recipe!
Pro Tip: A hand mixer makes quick work of combining the peanut butter with the cream cheese, but with a little elbow grease, a sturdy wooden spoon will do it too.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Take a trip down the grocery aisle to pick up recipe “cheats” like whipped topping and pre-made cookie crust to create this luscious, indulgent No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 3/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (a chocolate graham cracker crust works too)
- Set out the cream cheese so it comes to room temperature. Do not microwave to soften.
- Pull the Cool Whip out of the freezer so it thaws completely. Do not microwave to soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and peanut butter until they are thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Add in the softened Cool Whip and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar gradually and mix until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out to fill it evenly.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
- Top as desired or not at all.
- Serve cold.
I like the super peanut flavor in this one. You can add more powdered sugar if you want this pie sweeter, but I don’t really think it needs it.
You can top the finished pie with piped peanut butter and powdered sugar (with a little milk to get it to the right consistency) for an extra peanutty kick.
Chopped peanuts work too, as well as chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Come to think of it, a drizzle of butterscotch or caramel ice cream topping would be just fine and dandy also.
But you may not need any extra, because this no-bake peanut butter pie is going to be a hit for all of your peanut butter dessert lovers in the house!