This delightfully creamy, not-too-sweet but perfectly rich Pumpkin Fluff Dip is such a fun, easy treat for dipping apples, cookies, and more! We even came up with a bonus cool-treat recipe we think you’ll love!
Keep reading to make this delicious appetizer that goes great with graham crackers, apple slices, and fudge-covered shortbread.
This is a dip/spread that’s on the sweet side (a fruit dip), so keep in mind that it won’t be the kind of thing you’ll dip tortilla chips into.
It looks great on both a snack table or a dessert tray, at a holiday party or game day.
It contains real pumpkin puree AND pumpkin-pie spice, so get ready for fall flavors coming at you fast!
• We enjoyed this dip with just ONE 8 oz tub of Cool Whip, but you can add another one and make this even lighter and fluffier. It will make it sweeter and take some of that luscious fall flavor away, so you may want to add another dash or two of pumpkin-pie spice if you are adding a second tub of Cool Whip. Here’s our homemade recipe for pumpkin-pie spice!
• Make sure your cream cheese is truly at room temperature, and you don’t want to melt it in the microwave, or it will weigh down the finished dip.
• A hand mixer helps to make the cream cheese light and fluffy, but if you don’t want to mess with it, just a whisk will do the job, too.
• Don’t use a hand mixer on the Cool Whip. It breaks down quickly to a liquid, so use your wooden spoon to fold in the Cool Whip with the pumpkin/cream cheese/spice mixture.
• It’s super delish right away but even better after it’s set. Give it that extra time to chill and set up.
What to serve with Pumpkin Fluff Dip
This is a sweet dip, so consider the sweet flavor profile when choosing sides and dippers:
• Keebler Deluxe Grahams – The chocolate really adds to the pumpkin flavor. This was our favorite dipper.
• Apple wedges – We cut Gala apples into thick wedges to help keep them sturdy while dipping. We peeled some Granny Smiths but they were just a bit too tart for this.
• Wedges of bagels – We cut up plain, room temp bagels. Not bad, but they made for a very filling snack.
• It’s too early in the season to find it right now but I LOVE those multi-seeded flatbreads Aldi sells. They are both crisp and a touch chewy. They go with everything, and I bet they would go great with this dip.
• Plain round shortbread cookies and pecan shortbread cookies – Both were great choices. See our bonus recipe below that uses these!
• Pretzel sticks, pita crackers, celery sticks, carrot sticks, and plain Wheat Thins may also be good choices as dippers for this Pumpkin Fluff Dip.
• This was also delicious spread on our Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Tips & Bonus Easy Recipe
• This Pumpkin Fluff Dip recipe calls for plain pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling/mix, which already has the sugar and spices mixed in. BUT. I just read that it usually doesn’t have the eggs or evaporated milk in it, so it wouldn’t be terrible if the canned pumpkin pie filling mix is all you have, it will just be a sweeter dip.)
• You can use home-cooked pumpkin that you puree yourself or just pick out a can of pumpkin puree.
• Keep covered in an airtight container for up to seven days in the refrigerator. Make leftovers into “ice cream” sandwiches as shown above, or freeze in a batch up to four months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
• BONUS FROZEN TREAT: Try this Pumpkin Fluff Dip “ice cream sandwich”! Spoon a heaping tablespoon between two round shortbread cookies to make a “dip sandwich.” Set them on a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. Remove the now firm cookie sandwich and wrap each tightly with cellophane wrap and quickly return them to the freezer. Eat and enjoy as a pumpkin “ice cream” sandwich. These are DREAMY, and made great use of the leftover Pumpkin Fluff Dip!
Supplies to gather
- Block of Cream Cheese
- Can of Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- One or two tubs of Cool Whip
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Nutmeg
- Large Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Spatula or Bowl Scraper
- Can Opener
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Serving Platter & Bowl
- If serving with apples or carrots:
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
Not sure if that can of pumpkin in the pantry is still good? Here is our canned pumpkin FAQ on whether or not that can might still be good to use (or not).
We love this creamy, smooth and silky Pumpkin Fluff Dip!
It’s packed with wonderful fall flavor, and makes a yummy after-school snack and part of a really cool party table!
Pumpkin puree desserts come together in a snap and make a wonderful presentation with lots of holiday pizzazz!
Here are more seasonal favorites you’ll love for snacks, appetizers and entertaining of all kinds!
- 25 BEST Pumpkin Desserts
- 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
- 21 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- 25 Savory Pumpkin Recipes
- 13 Pumpkin Soup Recipes
- UPDATED: Pumpkin-Pie Spice Irish Whiskey
- COMING SOON: Pumpkin-Spice Syrup
Pumpkin Fluff Dip:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 15 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 5 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- ¼ t Ground Nutmeg
- Peeled Apple Slices
- Unpeeled Apple Slices
- Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- Bagel Slices
- Pretzel Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
- Quick Breads and Muffins
- Multi Seed Crackers/Flatbread
- If frozen, set out the Cool Whip to thaw two or more hours ahead or until defrosted. Don’t thaw in the microwave or let it get too warm. Set aside.
- Set out the cream cheese to soften to room temperature at least three hours ahead or the night before. DO NOT melt the cream cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat just the softened cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree and continue beating on low speed until fully combined.
- Add the pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice, ground nutmeg, and vanilla extract; beat on low, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in the Cool Whip until combined.
- Chill for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving. This will set the dip.
- Plate with peeled apple slices, shortbread cookies, or your favorite multigrain seeded crackers or flatbread and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.