Find out the best almond flour cake recipes around the web, including valuable cake-making tips, best ways to store almond flour cakes, and top spots to buy ready-to-eat almond flour treats.
Almond flour has become incredibly popular in the culinary world due to its versatility.
Made from finely ground almonds, it offers a great alternative to traditional wheat flour in various recipes. The underrated flour can be used in breaded dishes, pancakes, and baked goods like cakes.
When used in cakes, almond flour imparts a nutty taste, creates a moist texture, and brings a touch of rich flavor, making it a good choice among baking enthusiasts.
So if you’re looking for irresistible almond flour cake recipes, this blog post is a good place to start. This collection will also inspire you to make almond flour-based cakes for every occasion, so get ready!
- Choose the right almond flour type. Blanched almond flour is lighter, while almond meal has a coarser texture. Pick the one you prefer.
- Measure accurately. Use a kitchen scale for precise measurements, as almond flour can vary in weight.
- Combine with other flours. Mix almond flour with other gluten-free flour for better texture and structure.
- Use leavening agents. Add baking soda or baking powder to help the cake rise since almond flour lacks gluten.
- Add moisture. Almond flour absorbs more moisture, so include extra eggs, oil, or yogurt to prevent dryness.
- Avoid overmixing. Mix the ingredients until just combined to avoid a dense texture.
- Optional toasting. Toast almond flour in a skillet to enhance flavor, but it’s not necessary.
- Adjust baking time and temperature. Almond flour cakes brown quickly, so reduce the oven temperature if needed.
Best Places To Find Ready-To-Eat Almond Flour Cakes
The best places to find ready-to-eat almond flour cakes may vary depending on your location, but here are some common options:
- Local gluten-free bakeries. Check nearby bakeries that specialize in gluten-free products.
- Online retailers. Explore websites like Amazon or specialty food stores’ online platforms.
- Farmers markets. Look for vendors selling homemade or specialty baked goods.
- Specialty cafés or restaurants. Check out establishments known for healthy or alternative cuisine.
- Supermarkets. Check the gluten-free or health food section for pre-packaged options.
Almond Flour Cake Recipes
This almond flour cake recipe boasts a bright orange zest and the distinct taste of olive oil. Its light sweetness and versatility make it an ideal treat for any time of the day.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, baking powder, olive oil, sugar, and orange.
This cake is fluffy and moist with a deep chocolate flavor. The recipe stands out as it can be made in less than an hour and requires a few basic ingredients.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, arrowroot powder, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and eggs.
Made with only 9 simple ingredients, this cake is topped off with maple whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It’s light, airy, minimally sweetened, and straightforward to put together.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, baking soda, eggs, maple syrup, and strawberries.
This dessert option showcases the natural sweet taste of strawberries. This Almond Flour Raspberry Cake isn’t just decadent but a healthier alternative to the traditional version.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, raspberry powder, and eggs.
The star of this recipe is the almond flour. The ingredient adds a nutty flavor and a soft texture to the cake. It also highlights the sweet flavors of grated carrots.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, milk, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Crafted with readily available ingredients, this sweet treat allows for personalization with various toppings to suit your taste. Its light, fluffy, and moist texture will win over anyone.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, eggs, coconut flour, baking powder, and sugar.
This Apple Almond Cake mixes sweet-sour apples and nutty almonds. Using just simple ingredients, you can still make a treat that tastes amazing.
Ingredients include: Almond flour, olive oil, honey, apples, and vanilla.
12. Pound Cake
Made with almond and coconut flour, this moist and fluffy keto pound cake is a simple one-bowl recipe. The dessert has a sweet taste with a hint of vanilla, making it an ideal coffee companion.
Ingredients include: Eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and almond flour.
13. Hummingbird Cake
Hummingbird Cake combines sweet, sour, fruit, and nut flavors. Bananas and crushed pineapples keep the cake moist and fresh for a long time.
Ingredients include: Baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, eggs, and raw honey.
Ways To Store Almond Flour Cakes
Here are some effective methods to store almond flour cakes and keep them fresh and delicious:
- Room Temperature. Keep the cake in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap at room temperature for a day or two.
- Refrigeration. Store the cake in the fridge in an airtight container. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
- Freezing. Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, or use a freezer-safe container.
The bottom line
Almond flour has become a popular alternative to traditional wheat flour for those seeking a healthier option in their baking.
With its subtle nutty taste and tender texture, almond flour lends itself wonderfully to cake recipes.
Whether you’re looking for a decadent dessert or a guilt-free treat, these almond flour cake recipes deliver.
More Almond Flour Recipes
- Almond Flour Vanilla Cake
- Almond Flour Olive Oil Cake
- Almond Flour Chocolate Cake
- Almond Flour Lemon Cake
- Almond Flour Strawberry Cake
- Almond Flour Raspberry Cake
- Almond Flour Carrot Cake
- Almond Flour Coffee Cake
- Almond Flour Bundt Cake
- Apple Almond Cake
- Almond Flour Upside Down Pineapple Cake
- Pound Cake
- Hummingbird Cake
- Choose your favorite recipe from our list of Almond Flour Cake Recipes!
- Wave your magic wand to make it your own special recipe.
- Comment here if you think a recipe needs tweaking.