Explore the best savory blackberry recipes! Take a look at our top selections and pick one or more to prepare in the comfort of your home.
Savory, you say? Yep, here are some of the best savory—just lightly or barely sweet—blackberry recipes, featuring crowd-pleasing appetizers such as crostini and skewers, vibrant salads and vegetable dishes, and tasty, saucy entrees.
Top 5 Recipe Picks
No time to lose? Let’s make it quick. Here are the faves:
- #3 Prosciutto Blackberry Bites are incredibly simple, requiring only four ingredients.
- #14 Blackberry Risotto is a fun and unique spin on the traditional Italian dish.
- #21 Blackberry Manchego Salad is visually appealing with its deep, rich colors.
- #26 Thai Blackberry Basil Chicken takes only 20 minutes to put together.
- #31 Brie, Bacon & Blackberry Grilled Cheese features sweet and savory flavors.
Best Savory Blackberry Recipes
These treats feature mini phyllo shells with brie, blackberry jam, honey, and a blackberry and thyme topping. They’re a mix of flavors, easy to prepare early, and are perfect for parties.
The Blackberry Goat Cheese Crostini recipe offers a flavor explosion in every bite. It has creamy whipped goat cheese and sweet blackberries on crunchy toasted bread.
These bites are bursting with sweet, salty, and savory flavors. Simply wrap prosciutto around blackberries, bake until the prosciutto is crispy, then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here’s a zesty and refreshing twist on traditional salsa. The recipe combines the sweet flavor of blackberries with the tangy taste of citrus fruits and the heat of chilies.
This 20-minute flatbread pizza has a blend of sweet, briny, and tangy flavors. It’s topped with two types of cheese, chopped almonds, and fresh basil.
This recipe upgrades the classic Caprese by using blackberries instead of tomatoes and adding cucumbers. This easy, make-ahead appetizer is served on sticks and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
This starter pairs roasted blackberries in balsamic vinegar with creamy burrata on crispy crostini. The balsamic boosts the berry flavor and complements the cheese.
This Stuffed Endive Appetizer is excellent for outdoor gatherings. It has endive leaves filled with creamy goat cheese and topped with blackberries, herbs, and a balsamic drizzle.
This appetizer mixes melted Brie cheese with blackberry jelly and fresh berries in small crescent cups. It’s easy to make and great for parties, offering a special mix of flavors your guests will love.
This recipe is a delightful spin on a classic side dish. It features oven-roasted Brussels sprouts glazed with a unique blueberry balsamic reduction, and tossed with bacon and blue cheese.
This recipe roasts rainbow carrots with a blackberry-ginger balsamic vinegar glaze until they’re caramelized and slightly browned. The carrots are then seasoned with salt, pepper, and the carrot greens.
This Sweet Potato, Fig, Blackberry Fall Salad is ideal for any occasion. It includes fresh berries, sweet potatoes, and fig syrup for a sweet touch. Adding salmon turns it into a full meal.
Blackberry Balsamic Jo Jo Potatoes is another delicious way to enjoy potatoes. The potatoes are boiled until tender, then dried out overnight before being tossed in a blackberry balsamic glaze and roasted until crispy.
This special risotto recipe mixes the sweet taste of blackberries with savory beef broth and onion. Made with arborio rice, Merlot wine, blackberries, and brown sugar, it goes well with chicken, lamb, or beef.
This salad recipe marries sweet blackberries, tart apples, and crunchy walnuts with a tangy blackberry balsamic vinaigrette. Serve it with feta cheese for a complete meal.
This creative recipe is a must-try for all bread enthusiasts, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned baker. It blends the tangy sourdough taste with sweet blackberries and aromatic rosemary.
This side dish pairs sweet potatoes, quinoa, cheese, and herbs in fluffy cakes. The cakes are finished off with a tangy blackberry salsa that complements the cake’s flavors.
This fall-inspired salad offers a mix of sweet and savory, ideal for a filling lunch or a Thanksgiving side dish. It’s dressed with a homemade balsamic dressing and garnished with goat cheese.
This recipe is a unique and fun way to preserve blackberries. It’s a simple process involving heating blackberries with sugar and vinegar, and then storing them in a cool dark place for a month.
This dish mixes braised red cabbage with sweet blackberries and can be cooked on the stovetop for 45 minutes. It’s a colorful side dish suitable for any dinner.
This salad is a delightful mix of flavors. The dressing’s blackberries and honey pair well with the salty Manchego, and almonds add crunch. Balsamic vinegar and Dijon give it a tangy kick.
This plant-based dish is ready in 30 minutes. The tofu can be pan-fried or air-fried, and you can serve it in a grain bowl or with grilled or roasted veggies.
This seasonal slaw celebrates the flavors of autumn. It combines red cabbage, spinach, blackberries, and walnuts with a mustard-maple dressing and is visually appealing.
This chicken recipe uses a glaze made of sugar, balsamic vinegar, and blackberries to coat the chicken. After grilling briefly on each side, the chicken becomes full of flavor.
This recipe pairs savory pork chops with a sweet-spicy homemade sauce. Made in about 20 minutes, the dish uses a sauce combining ingredients like vinegar, sugar, ketchup, chipotle peppers, and blackberries.
This Thai Blackberry Basil Chicken recipe is a fast method to prepare a tasty Thai meal. The chicken is made with a sauce, complemented by sweet-tart blackberries and fresh basil, creating a mix of sweet and savory flavors.
This entree highlights tender pork tenderloin marinated in a delicious rosemary and blackberry glaze. It’s a must-try for those looking for a tasty and elegant meal.
This dish includes salmon served on a bed of arugula salad, accompanied by a gastrique sauce. Salmon and blackberries together offer a sweet and sour taste.
This dish showcases pork tenderloin rubbed with a simple spice mix, seared in a skillet, and then roasted in the oven. The result is a perfectly cooked meat that’s coated in a blackberry and red wine pan sauce.
This main dish adds a gourmet touch to your summer grilling. The savory flank steak is seasoned with rosemary and garlic, and served with a tangy blackberry sauce.
This sandwich has homemade blackberry jam, melted brie, and crispy bacon on buttery toasted bread. The sweet jam complements the salty cheese and bacon for a perfect balance.
The dish goes well with many sides and has a savory blackberry sauce that matches the seared duck. Although it sounds upscale, it’s easy and quick to make, suitable for any night.
The bottom line
Savory blackberry recipes are full of creative cooking opportunities. Chefs and home cooks can use the natural sweet and tart flavors of blackberries to create various dishes that are as visually stunning as they’re delicious.
Whether it’s appetizers, salads, main courses, or condiments, the blackberry’s versatility shines through, making it a remarkable ingredient for those seeking to enhance their gastronomic repertoire.
More About Blueberry
- Brie Phyllo Cups With Blackberry & Thyme
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Crostini
- Prosciutto Blackberry Bites
- Blackberry Salsa
- Blackberry Flatbread Pizza
- Blackberry Cucumber Caprese Skewers
- Balsamic Roasted Berry Bruschetta With Burrata
- Stuffed Endive Appetizer With Blackberries & Whipped Chèvre
- Blackberry Brie Bites
- Blueberry Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic & Garlic Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Sweet Potato, Fig, Blackberry Fall Salad
- Blackberry Balsamic Jo Jo Potatoes With Goat Cheese
- Blackberry Risotto
- Apple Walnut Salad With Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Sourdough Bread With Blackberry Rosemary Pomace
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes With Blackberry Salsa
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Blackberry Harvest Salad
- Sour Pickled Blackberries
- Braised Red Cabbage With Blackberries
- Blackberry Manchego Salad
- Blackberry Glazed Tofu With Black Pepper & Chili
- Blackberry & Caraway Slaw
- Blackberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Pork Chops Smothered In Chipotle Blackberry BBQ Sauce
- Thai Blackberry Basil Chicken
- Blackberry & Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
- Salmon With Blackberry Gastrique Sauce
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Red Wine Sauce
- Rosemary Garlic Flank Steak With Blackberry Sauce
- Brie, Bacon & Blackberry Grilled Cheese
- Duck Breast With Blackberry Sauce
- Pick one or more options from our list of Savory Blackberry Recipes here!
- Start creating your new favorite dish.
- Did you make any changes to make it even better?
- Share this list with your friends and see what they think!