Every now and again, I get a hankering for a creamy spread that I can easily make at home. When I want something that has a bit more “bite” than plain cream cheese, I make whipped goat cheese.
Goat cheese has a tangy, bright flavor that makes it perfect for spreads and dips, but I’ve also been able to use it for pasta, pizza, and even salad dressing!
Here’s the thing with plain goat cheese: it’s too dry and crumbly on its own to be used as a spread or dip.
You need to whip it with other ingredients to make it smooth and creamy.
How long does whipped goat cheese last?
Whipped goat cheese can last for 4-5 days in the fridge
How to store whipped goat cheese?
After making whipped goat cheese, you can store it in the fridge by placing it in an airtight container.
Our CookingChew Cooking Tips:
- Before serving the goat cheese, you can take it out of the fridge and keep it at room temperature for around 10 minutes to allow it to soften. Use a clean fork or whisk to stir it briskly before serving to make it smooth and spreadable again.
- You can use goat cheese that’s been flavored with herbs and garlic for extra punch!
- You can add some cream cheese (around 4oz.) to your goat cheese to make it lighter and creamier.
Quick and Creamy Whipped Goat Cheese
The most basic version of whipped goat cheese will make a delicious dip that you can pair with veggie sticks. Try making some carrot fries with whipped goat cheese dip for an easy appetizer that you can serve at your next party.
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
red pepper flakes
- ¼ t. parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- Peel garlic clove and mince in food processor.
- Add goat cheese, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop out whipped goat cheese and place into serving bowl.
- Chop parsley finely and sprinkle on top of whipped goat cheese.
- Serve with desired sides.
What Else Can I Serve with Whipped Goat Cheese?
Aside from veggie sticks, you can serve whipped goat cheese as a spread! Cut up a freshly-baked baguette and lightly toast the pieces, and serve the bread and whipped goat cheese alongside a cheese ball for a fun and unique cheese platter appetizer.
I also love to pair whipped goat cheese with crusty bread such as sourdough!
You can also use it to top desserts, such as these honey-roasted figs!
What Can I Use to Flavor Whipped Goat Cheese?
The best thing about whipped goat cheese is how versatile it is. You can use any kind of herbs or spices you have in your pantry to add flavor. If you want it a bit sweeter, you can add some honey to the dip.
If you want it herbier, some fresh thyme or rosemary will give it an earthy taste.
If you want to use your whipped goat cheese in other dishes, you can use it as a pizza or pasta topping! For pasta, just add some pasta water to make it a bit looser, and toss it with some bacon, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.
For pizza, simply spread it on top of your pizza for a unique sauce.