What’s better than starting the day with the mouthwatering aroma, crispy texture, and delicious taste of bacon in the morning?
Bacon is one of the most popular options for breakfast around the world.
However, as much as we love starting the day with a plate full of bacon, preparing it in the morning can seem like a chore. Is there a better way to quickly serve bacon on the plate? Let’s find out!
Can You Reheat Bacon?
An easy solution is to prepare bacon beforehand and simply reheat cooked bacon stripes in the morning! Plus, learning how to reheat bacon will also make sure that you never have to get rid of leftover bacon.
However, keep in mind that it is essential to know the right way to reheat bacon. Otherwise, there’s always the chance of ruining the perfect, crispy bacon.
How to Reheat Bacon
There are various methods to reheat cooked bacon. Scroll down to learn all that you need to know about how to reheat bacon the right way to maintain the perfect taste and texture!
How to Reheat Bacon in the Microwave
Using the microwave is the easiest way of reheating bacon. However, keep in mind that if you are reheating bacon for the entire family, it may take you a few rounds to reheat all that bacon in the microwave. Here’s how to reheat cooked bacon in the microwave.
- Spread bacon strips in a single layer on a plate.
- Cover a plate with a paper towel.
- Set the microwave for 20 - 60 seconds.
- Take out after one round to make sure the bacon is hot. If not, heat again for 20 seconds.
- Once done, remove the strips of bacon from the plate and place it on a paper towel for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Reheat Bacon Using a Skillet
Want to enjoy your bacon piping hot? Then try the skillet method to reheat bacon. Here’s how you can reheat bacon in a skillet pan in a few simple steps.
- Place a skillet pan on medium-high heat and allow it to heat up.
- Once the pan is hot, place the bacon strips on the pan.
- Allow the strips to cook in their own fat for a few minutes until hot. It should not take more than 1 - 2 minutes.
- Turn the strip of bacon to the other side and let it heat for another minute.
- Remove from the skillet and place it in a dish covered with a paper towel. Enjoy!
How to Reheat Bacon in the Oven
If you have to reheat a lot of bacon in one go, then the oven is your best bet. However, it is important to mention that reheating bacon in the oven can take some time. Therefore, it is better to stick to using the microwave or the skillet if you are in a hurry. Take a look at how to reheat bacon in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the strips of bacon in a baking sheet. Make sure you line them in a single layer.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Place the tray in the oven and let it heat for 8-10 minutes.
- It is best to check after 8 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven once the bacon is thoroughly heated.
- Arrange in a platter covered with paper towels.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Can You Prepare Bacon the Night Before?
You most certainly can! Preparing bacon ahead of time can save a lot of time in the morning. It is also a great option if you are hosting breakfast or brunch for your friends. You can also store leftover bacon in the fridge or refrigerator. Cooked bacon can last in the fridge for around 4 -5 days. On the other hand, you can safely store cooked bacon in the freezer for up to a month.
Now that you know how to reheat cooked bacon, you can finally enjoy your breakfast without rushing to do everything in time. Follow these super easy methods for reheating bacon and serve yummy breakfast within minutes. Plus, you’ll never have to throw away leftover bacon again!