There are many good air fryer chicken recipes out there, but this one is ours, and by golly, we are proud of it.
Made with typical pantry items like garlic powder, some lemon juice (fresh is best, but we used it straight out of the bottle), and olive oil, it’s also a great carte blanc for seasonings, dips, sauces, and main meals (like alfredo!) that you love.
Steak seasoning instead of lemon pepper?
You bet. Onion powder? Yep.
Mix and match to the same proportions and you’ve still got a winning, tasty entree, ready for the sides of your choice.
We really like using pantry ingredients and seasonings because we almost always have them on hand.
No special trips for delicate fresh herbs, or special ordering expensive spices.
Can I tell you right now why we love this air fryer method so much?
Yes, it’s fast, yes, it doesn’t use much oil or fat, but the air fryer adds these little crispy charred edges to the chicken breasts that make it taste GRILLED.
Yes! So good.
You also get ONE chance to reheat these chicken breasts after they’ve been cooked. Here’s our info on making sure they come out as tasty as possible the next day.
CookingChew tip: Don’t skimp on the olive oil, though. It does need SOME fat to keep the meat from drying out at such high temp and the “wind tunnel” effect.
Table Of Contents
What can I serve with this air fryer chicken breast recipe?
There are so many wonderful sides to offer with these air fried chicken breasts.
Besides being perfectly cooked and seasoned for adding to fajitas, alfredo, tacos, salads, bundt cake (just kidding, don’t do that) and more, you can add vegetables, starches and more right alongside these to make a full meal.
Take a look at some of these wonderful sides to go with Air Fryer Chicken Breasts:
- Roasted Pear Salad With Balsamic Reduction
- Got a bag of spinach? See our list of Spinach Salads.
- Easy Parmesan Green Beans
- Keep the air fryer going. You won’t believe how good these are.
- Texas Roadhouse Copycat Seasoned Rice
- Simple Buttered Noodles
- Heaven-sent Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 15 Ways To Make Canned Green Beans Better
So we went through a couple of trials here because we overcooked the first one, and it came out a bit dry.
We adjusted down because they really do finish cooking once they come out of the air fryer.
Our breasts were about six inches long and one inch thick at the fattest part (which is usually about half the breast).
Chew Tip: For a more consistent cook, trim off the “tenders” portion of the breast, which is where they begin tapering to the point. Save and use these for something else.
Here are some ideas for what to do with your leftover chicken!
The tools you will need for this air fryer chicken breast recipe:
- Small bowl
- Spoon or pastry brush
- Air fryer
- Cutting board(s) – one for raw meat, and a different one for cooked meat
- Kitchen towel (we love these and use them for EVERYthing)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon pepper
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ t garlic powder
- ½ t onion powder
- Optional: Replace lemon pepper with a seasoning blend that you have on hand.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 360F.
- Except for the salt and pepper, mix the seasonings, juice and oil in a small bowl.
- Spoon, rub or brush the mixture over each side of the chicken breasts.
- Add chicken to the basket.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Open and flip.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Add two more minutes as needed.
- It is done when it reaches 165 F internal temperature.
- Let the chicken rest on the cutting board for two minutes before cutting into them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.