Simple buttered noodles with butter, garlic, and a few optional additions is one of the best side dish recipes that you can make. The possibilities are endless.Butter noodles are one of the most underrated pasta dishes in the world. It is a shame because making butter noodles is so darn simple to do.Last night we cooked sirloin steaks with sauteed mushrooms and butter noodles.It was an AHmazing dinner! 🙌
It wasn’t a special night. We have just learned how to cook these awesome foods in a quick and simple way. You can use any type of noodle that you want to create buttered noodles but we love to boil of egg noodles and use them. However, we have been known to use penne pasta as well. We make this pasta recipe so often that we will use whatever pasta we have on hand. It is simply a fantastic side dish.
Table Of Contents
How do you make buttered noodles better?
You can make buttered noodles taste even better by boiling them in chicken broth. Also, don’t be shy about mixing additional spices with the finished noodles. Butter is just a foundational ingredient. Consider adding in minced garlic, cooked spinach, or parmesan cheese. If you like a bit of spice add in some red pepper flakes. This dish is limitless and you can achieve different flavors each time that you cook it.
Tips on cooking pasta
- Use more water than you think that you need. Pasta releases a lot of starch so you want the start to distribute and not stick to the pasta as it is cooking.
- Salt the water generously before it starts boiling.
- Don’t add the pasta until the water is roiling with big bubbles.
- Stir the pasta the moment that you put it in the water.
- Reserve at least ¼ cup of the pasta water after it is cooked. You can use it to thin out the sauce if needed.
Tips and Tricks to make delicious buttered noodles
- Consider adding a bouillon cube to the boiling water when you add the noodles. This will add additional flavor and create a unique dish.
- Reserve a few tablespoons of the pasta water. If your noodles are too thick after mixing in the ingredients add a tablespoon of pasta water a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Saute the minced garlic in butter for 1 minute before adding it to the pasta.
- Saute spinach and mushrooms and stir them into the buttered noodles right before serving.
- 1 16 oz package of egg noodles
- 3 T butter
- 1 T minced garlic
- 3 T grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 4 C chicken stock (optional)
- Fill a large saucepan with the chicken stock or water and bring to a boil. (Note: the chicken stock is optional.)
- Once the water is boiling add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta.
- Stir in the butter, minced garlic, and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
For additional flavor consider adding a bouillon cube to the boiling water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g