These Cake Mix Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are another one of those easy, fast recipes that use pantry items. Boxed cake mix recipes allow me to just get something together hot and yummy without running to the store or worrying about how long it will take me.
There is a time and place for complex dishes that require lots of preparation, but for the most part, weeknights are not the time to be messing with long cooking times and a wrecked kitchen.
And you don’t have to use crunchy peanut butter like the recipe calls for if you don’t like or don’t have it around.
Buy a few cake mixes on sale and keep them in your cabinet so you can whip up a batch of these for after school, last-minute guests, or just a Friday night at home.
Let’s make these Cake Mix Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and pat ourselves on the back for baking at home.
Tips for Making Cake Mix Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
– Use a fresh, good quality cake mix. The cake mix you use will make a big difference in the taste of your cookies. Read up on if your cake mix isn’t good to use anymore in our FAQ.
– Don’t overmix the dough. Overmixing the dough can make your cookies tough. Mix the dough until just combined, then stop.
– Chill the dough before baking. You don’t have to, especially if you are time limited, but chilling the dough will help the cookies hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
– Bake the cookies until they are just set in the center, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies With Cake Mix recipe is versatile and hard to mess up.
Want to really make for a standing ovation? Glaze them with some melted peanut butter and powdered sugar mixed together and drizzle from a spoon over each cookie.
People will think you worked so hard on these. Don’t have peanut butter around? Use almond or cashew butter or even sunflower seed butter.
More About Recipes With Boxed Cake Mix
- Easy Cinnamon Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cookies With Cake Mix
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Yellow Cake Mix Recipes
- 52 White Cake Mix Recipes
- Italian Hangover Cake Recipe
- 1 box devil's food cake chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 c peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, egg, water, and peanut butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, scraping sides frequently.
- Gently fold in peanut butter chips with a spatula.
- Spoon cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until they are done, taking care not to overbake.