Let’s look at how to make these ultimate air fryer loaded cheese fries. These bad boys are crispy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor. They’re so good, you’ll want to lick the plate clean.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Air fryer loaded cheese fries? That sounds a lot like work.” But trust me, it’s not. This recipe is super easy to follow, and it only takes a few minutes to make.
Cheese fries are a classic comfort food loved by people of all ages. My kitchen-tested, authentic recipe features easy frozen (but high quality) french fries, two kinds of cheese: a cheddar blend shred and canned Rico’s nacho or aged cheddar, and lots of crumbled bacon, sour cream, and chopped flat leaf parsley. You can switch out the parsley for chives or green onion.
In this blog post, I will show you how to make air fryer loaded cheese fries that are crispy, cheesy, and delicious. I will also share some tips for making the best cheese fries possible.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
- A side of your favorite dipping sauce, such as ketchup, ranch dressing, or our Thick N Clingy Blue.
- Grilled everything. Try our recipes for Grilled Tomatoes, Grilled Peaches, Grilled Pineapple, and Grilled Corn.
- A cold beer or glass of wine.
- Chili: A bowl of chili is a hearty and flavorful side that can be enjoyed with cheese fries. The chili’s spice and heat can help to cut through the richness of the cheese fries. Or turn it into a plate of chili cheese fries.
- What’s even better than a plate of cheese fries that already has two kinds of cheese? Even more cheese on the side for dipping. Add some reheated queso.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is a creamy and flavorful dip that is made with avocados, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. The guacamole’s flavor can complement the cheese on the fries, and it can also help to add some freshness to the dish. It’s practically healthy!
- Here’s a surprise for you: Make it Greek with tzatziki: Tzatziki is a creamy and refreshing dip that is made with yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, and dill.
- The right coleslaw on the side turns Air Fryer Loaded Cheese Fries into a full dinner.
Other Toppings for Cheese Fries
- Diced onions
- Green peppers
- Hot sauce
- Pico de gallo
- Sriracha mayo
- Buffalo sauce
- BBQ sauce
The bottom line
Air fryer loaded cheese fries are a fully customizable, easy-to-make snack or meal that is sure to please everyone. They are crispy, cheesy, and loaded with decadent flavor.
- 1/2 bag frozen french fries
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ c canned cheese, like Rico’s or a condensed cheddar soup
- ½ c sour cream
- 4 T of milk
- 1 stalk green onions diced or dried chives or scissored flat parsley
- Optional: Chopped fresh or pickled jalapenos to taste
- Start by adding the french fries in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may have to do two batches.
- Set your air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F for 4 mins. Shake basket. Heat 4 more minutes.
- Combine the sour cream and water, stir and set aside.
- While the fries are cooking, spoon out ½ c canned cheese and heat in the microwave so it’s pourable, about 30 seconds.
- Add shredded cheese, set a timer for 30 seconds.
- Remove from air fryer and transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle the liquid cheese, add the cooked crumbled bacon, chopped jalapenos, drizzle the sour cream and garnish with dried chives, chopped green onion or as we did, some scissored fresh parsley.
- Serve warm.