When I was a kid, there was mayonnaise, and there was Miracle Whip. That was it! That was all that we had. Now, we have so many excellent options and I, friggin love, it. We were recently working on a recipe for avocado deviled eggs, and so we just HAD to make some avocado mayo to go in them.
Now the only issue with this recipe is that it is all fresh ingredients, which means it doesn’t last long. So I strongly suggest that you make this the same day that you plan to use it. If you know that time will be a struggle, you can make this the day before.
How long does avocado mayo last?
Homemade avocado mayonnaise will list up to 4 days in the fridge. I made it the day before making the deviled eggs because I knew that I would be pressed for time that day.
Can You Make This Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe In A Regular Blender?
Yes, you can make avocado mayo in a regular blender. I prefer to use a food processor to mix this recipe, but if you don’t have one, use a blender. If you use a blender, be aware that you will need to do a good job of scraping the sides of the blender when removing the mayo.
This avocado mayonnaise recipe is super simple to make it.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t dijon mustard
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 T white vinegar
- optional dash of cayenne pepper
- Wash the avocado and the lemon.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into the food processor.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the olive oil into the food processor.
- Mix the ingredients in the processor for 45 seconds.
- Slowly start adding in the olive oil as you continue mixing the ingredients.
- Continue mixing until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scoop the ingredients from the edges as you go.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American