These carrot fries that we cooked in the air fryer are delicious. They are a fantastic alternative to french fries.
Don’t make these unless you are ready to want more right away!
These carrot fries are seasoned with paprika, minced garlic and rosemary. Oh my! The full ingredients are listed below.
We finally got an air fryer and one of the first things that I wanted to make was kale chips because I am addicted.
However, I was equally excited to make some carrot fries. Carrot fries are sweet and yummy. Then when they are crunchy like a french fry, my taste buds get super happy.
In the past I have made carrot fries in the oven but in the throws of a Texas summer, turning on my oven doesn’t sound like a good time.
Table Of Contents
How to season carrot fries?
In the recipe below I use ingredients that are common in most kitchen pantries. However, the possibilities are open based upon your own preferences.
Feel free to experiment with different flavors such as sage and brown sugar.
Smoked paprika – If you don’t have any smoked paprika on hand, plain paprika will do fine. We are fans of smokey flavor but that is completely up to your taste buds.
The difference between smoked paprika and regular paprika is in how the chilis were prepared before crushing. With smoked paprika the chilis were smoke-dried and then crushed. So this just enhances the flavor. (source)
Minced Garlic – Minced garlic adds an intense flavor to these fries and it really pays off. Mincing garlic can be a bit of a chore, which is why I tend to keep a jar of minced garlic in the fridge at all times.
I know! I know! Freshly minced garlic is ALWAYS going to be better but time isn’t always our friend folks.
👍 Bonus Reading: How to know when garlic is bad
Onion Powder – The onion flavor mixes in so well with these carrot fries. Onion powder is my most used spice in the cupboard. A little onion powder goes a long ways, so be careful when you are shaking it into that teaspoon.
Dried Rosemary – Carrots are rosemary were clearly created to go together. While fresh rosemary is a beautiful thing, dried rosemary actually enhances the flavor of these fries and mixes in really well.
What is the best oil for carrot fries?
There are a few oils to choose from when making carrot fries. I prefer olive oil but you could use avocado oil or even grapeseed oil.
How to cut carrot fries?
Wash and dry the carrots. Then peel the carrots. Next cut the carrots into pieces that are about 4 inches long. Finally, slice them into pieces that are roughly ½” thick.
What is a good sauce to serve with carrot fries?
Carrot fries are quite versatile and can be eaten with a variety of sauce. I love to serve mine with a creamy garlic aioli sauce. Mix together some mayo, sour cream and minced garlic and you have a simple sauce.
How to make carrot fries in an air fryer?
1 Wash, dry and peel the carrots. Cut them into ½” thick slices that are about 4” long.
2 Add the olive oil, paprika, garlic, onion powder, rosemary, salt and pepper to a large glass bowl. Stir to mix the ingredients.
3 Add carrots to the bowl with the seasonings.
4 Coat the carrots with the seasoning.
5 Preheat the Air Fryer to 375F degrees. (Allow the fryer to preheat for 3 minutes)
6 Cook the carrots for 6 minutes.
7 Remove the air fryer basket and shake the carrots.
8 Cook the carrots for an additional 6 minutes.
3 Tips on using an Air Fryer
- When adapting a recipe for the air fryer, set the temperature about 25 degrees lower than you would your oven.
- An air fryer only needs 1 to 2 minutes to preheat on average. (Be sure to read your user manual for specifics.)
- The cooking time for an air fryer vs oven is dramatically different. Food cooks in about half the time in an air fryer on average. This means that you need to check the food often and adjust accordingly.
- 2 carrots
- 2 t extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 t rosemary, dried
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut them into ½” thick slices that are about 4” long.
- Add the olive oil, paprika, garlic, onion powder, rosemary, salt and pepper to a large glass bowl. Stir to mix the ingredients.
- Add carrots to the bowl with the seasonings.
- Coat the carrots with the seasoning.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 375F. (Allow the fryer to preheat for 3 minutes)
- Cook the carrots for 6 minutes.
- Remove the air fryer basket and shake the carrots.
- Cook the carrots for an additional 6 minutes.
Optional: Sprinkle the cooked carrot fries with sea salt for additional flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
If you are having a dinner party and want to wow your guests, buy some multi-colored carrots. They will be quite beautiful on display. Of course, the guests will also be surprised by the yummy flavor and texture.
You make also like these tips:
- How to Make Garlic Aioli
- How to Make Kale Chips That Are Crispy
- How to bake a potato in the microwave