Are you curious how to saute peppers? We love sauteed bell peppers and this recipe is so easy to do and makes a perfect side dish or topping for baked potatoes or pasta. The uses for sauteed peppers are endless.
This method for sauteing bell peppers is so simple. We only use cut up bell peppers, olive oil, and salt. The entire process only takes about 15 minutes and creates such a lovely flavor.
You can add additional spices to this such as garlic or onion. Get creative when sauteing peppers and add any spices or additional veggies that suit your taste.
I prefer this simple method quite often because it simply enhances the flavor of the peppers and softens them up to make a nice side dish.
What kind of peppers to saute?
You can saute green, red or yellow peppers. We personally prefer the red and yellow peppers because they are sweeter. A red and yellow pepper sauteed up together makes for a beautiful presentation.
What temperature to saute peppers?
We want to start off sauteing peppers in a hot pan. We recommend that you turn the skillet to medium-high heat and add the peppers and oil once it is hot. Then allow the peppers to cook for about 5 minutes at this heat. After that, lower the heat to medium-low and cook for another 5 minutes or until the peppers are soft and starting to carmelize.
Ways to eat sauteed peppers
Tips and tricks for sauteing peppers
How to saute bell peppers?
(Just below you will find detailed instructions and temperatures on the recipe card. You can print this card or have it emailed to you for simplicity.)
- Step 1: Pick out 2 bell peppers. We prefer to saute one red and one yellow but you can saute all green or any combination that you prefer.
- Step 2: Wash and dry the bell peppers. Oh and don’t forget to remove that little sticker before you wash them.
- Step 3: Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and ribs. Cut the peppers into thick slices.
- Step 4: Heat up a skillet and then add olive oil and peppers to the pan. It is important that the pan is hot before you add the oil and peppers.
- Step 5: Stir often and cook until the peppers are soft and starting to carmelize.
Recipe for how to easily saute peppers with only olive oil and salt. This is easy and creates perfectly sauteed bell peppers.
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the peppers. Remove the seeds and ribs from them. Cut them into ½” strips.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, peppers, and salt to the hot pan.
- Spread the peppers out in the pan and allow them to cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Stir often.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
Feel free to add more olive oil as needed.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American