Oven-roasted radishes are an uncommon but yummy way to prep and serve radishes. Roasting radishes brings out their sweet flavor and mellows that peppery bite a bit.
Now radishes have easily become one of my favorite vegetables. I snack on them daily. I like to slice them thin, sprinkle them with salt and lime. This and wasabi peas are my favorite snacks of all time. This is also why I needed to learn how to best store radishes.
If you have been skipping past those fresh radishes in the produce section because you didn’t quite know what to do with them, then you are in for a real treat today.
Why love roasted radishes?
Check out these articles:
How to roast radishes
When I roast radishes in the oven, this is how I do it. I wash and dry them thoroughly. Then I slice each end off and cut them in half. If they are large radishes I may even cut them into four pieces.
Then I toss them with olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, rosemary and salt and pepper. Then I line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Then spread the radishes out on the pan and allow as much space between them as possible.
I pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. When the oven is ready, I roast them for about 30 minutes. Note to stir the radishes at the 15-minute mark. When I pull them out of the oven, I sprinkle them with a bit of salt and serve them while hot.
- 2 cups radishes
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1 T ground rosemary
- Trim away the radish greens. Wash and dry the radishes. Cut the ends off of them and then cut them in half.
- Toss the radishes with all of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the radishes out on the baking sheet and allow as much space between them as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir the radishes after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g