This pumpkin martini recipe is a show stopper. It is delicious, creamy and gorgeous!
The rim is made with vanilla frosting and crumbled shortbread cookies.
That rim alone is enough to get me excited but then to know that the drink itself is yummy is what makes this possibly the best fall cocktail of all time.
Granted it is tough because there is also the Pumpkin Spice Old Fashioned and the Pumpkin Spice Margarita.
Yes, we have options but this creamy pumpkin martini is a sure winner.
This is one of those cocktails where I like to break out the ingredients into three buckets.
The first bucket is the rim of the glass.
This cocktail has a sweet rim made of icing and cookies.
Yep, you read that right.
It is so delicious.
The second bucket of this recipe is the cocktail ingredients.
Now, I want to mention here that you just want to try this recipe you can skip the rim and the garnish and just enjoy the cocktail.
That is completely fine.
As a matter of fact, if you are going to create this pumpkin martini for an event, I recommend that you make a few test rounds.
First, try the cocktail itself and make sure that you have the details down and that you like the flavor.
At this point, you can adjust anything in the cocktail ingredients that you would like to switch up.
Next, practice making the rim.
It isn’t difficult to do but a practice round is a good idea.
If you wait until the day of the event, you will likely feel rushed and distracted.
The third bucket of ingredients for this pumpkin spice martini recipe is the garnish.
Not only does garnish add that extra bit of flavor but it also makes the cocktail extra beautiful.
• Vanilla Icing
• Shortbread Cookies
• Pumpkin Spice Vodka (link Pumpkin Spice Infused Vodka)
• Half and Half
• Vanilla Extract
• Pumpkin Puree
What do you need to make a pumpkin martini?
When it comes to making a cocktail, tools are quite important.
I finally broke down and bought a proper jigger and cocktail shaker.
I even finally bought a meat tenderizer for making cocktails.
Yes, that sounds weird but the darn thing is handy.
The key out of the ordinary item with this cocktail is the stencil.
Thankfully, you can buy just about anything online these days.
- Ziploc Bag
- Rolling Pin or Meat Tenderizer
- Small Spatula
- Small Plate
- Martini Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Pumpkin Stencil
The bottom line
This pumpkin partini recipe could easily become your favorite fall cocktail.
It is creamy, delicious and quite simple to make. The garnish is purely optional but does add an element of flair that I just love.
- 1 ½ oz Bailey’s
- 1 ½ oz Pumpkin Spice Vodka (link Pumpkin Spice Infused Vodka)
- ½ oz Half and Half
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1 T Pumpkin Puree
- Vanilla Icing
- Shortbread Cookies
- Pumpkin Stencil
- Pumpkin Spice (link Pumpkin Spice Recipe)
- Take a handful of shortbread cookies and place them inside the ziploc bag and close tightly. With a rolling pin or meat tenderizer, smash the cookies into fine crumbs. Pour crumbs onto a small plate and set aside.
- Rim the martini glass by brushing vanilla icing with a mini spatula around the rim of the glass. Then dip the glass in the shortbread cookie crumbs. Then set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously to combine the ingredients.
- Strain into the martini glass.
- For the garnish (optional): Place the pumpkin stencil carefully to the top of the martini glass. Sprinkle the pumpkin spice lightly over the stencil to cover the pumpkin. Then slowly pull up the stencil. Or just sprinkle a pinch of pumpkin spice on top if the stencil seems like too much work.
- Enjoy and remember to drink responsibly!
For the garnish I printed out a small pumpkin stencil image and cut/traced out the image with an exacto knife. If you don’t want to go through all that trouble, you can find coffee stencils online that will work.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mixology Bartender Kit: 10-Piece Bar Set Cocktail Shaker Set with Stylish Mahogany Stand | Perfect Home Bartending Kit with Bar Tools and Martini Shaker for Foolproof Drink Mixing (Copper)
Epure Milano Collection 4 Piece Stemmed Martini Glass Set - For Drinking Martinis, Manhattans, Vodka, Gin, and Cocktails (Martini Glass (6 oz))
Yoku Made- Silicone Mini Spatula, Curved Small Spatula, Kitchen Scraper Spatula, Wet Pet Food Can Spatula, Jar Spatula, for Cooking Baking Frosting or Mixing, 6pcs