Pumpkin is always in season. At least, from a can! So make an adorable, easy Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cake and serve a few at your next brunch and of course, around the fall season!
You may have seen those baking pans, cute little bundts that they are.
They are called cakelets or mini-bundts or a mini cake pan.
This mini bundt pumpkin cake simply and easily doctors up a box of spice cake mix.
As a fan of Nordic Ware quality, I liked this Bundtlette pan, but I was gifted with a cakelet pan from Le Creuset, which makes cute, small bundt cakes, too.
I used to have some of these but they didn’t turn out as pretty or as clean.
We made this recipe by accident because we were experimenting with pumpkin cookies using a box cake mix.
Things went off the rails and we decided to see how this mini pumpkin bundt cake recipe would turn out.
Pretty tasty and super cute with a drizzle of icing on top of each one.
You don’t even need a hand-mixer for this easy cake recipe.
They make a great three-bite treat, and you could eat it like a cookie or with a fork.
Not up for cake this time around but still have a lonely can of pumpkin puree you’re dying to use? Our recipe for Easy Pumpkin Fluff Dip is pretty freaking delish!
• Prepare the box cake mix like you would for any cake and then just add the can of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
• Be sure to use simple pumpkin puree and not a can of pumpkin pie mix, which has lots of sugar in it already.
• No cakelet or bundtlet pan? No problem. Use a muffin pan and make easy pumpkin cupcakes and follow the directions the same way.
Supplies to gather
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Can Opener
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon or hand-mixer
- Mini Bundt Cake Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Toothpick or butter knife
- Cooling Rack
- Small microwavable bowl
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cake
• 1 Box of Spice Cake Mix (+ 3 Eggs, ½ c Vegetable Oil & 1 c Water)
• 1 15-oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
• 1 ¼ t Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 1 c of melted Canned White Icing OR ½ c Powdered Sugar & 3 T Water
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 Box of Spice Cake Mix (+ 3 Eggs, ½ c Vegetable Oil & 1 c Water)
- 1 15-oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 ¼ t Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 c of melted Canned White Icing OR ½ c Powdered Sugar & 3 T Water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spray the mini bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Scoop mixture into the prepared mini bundt cake pan and tap against the counter/table to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. Test with a toothpick or butterknife.
- Remove the mini bundts from the oven and set them aside for 30 minutes for them to cool completely before frosting them.
- Transfer the mini bundts to a cooling rack.
- Before frosting the mini bundts, make sure they are completely cooled before frosting them. Stir the powdered sugar with water to make a glaze. Spoon over cooled mini bundts. OR…
- If using canned icing, transfer 1 cup of canned icing to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave starting at 30 seconds, stirring and increasing the time by 10-second intervals until it is a liquid. Spoon the melted icing over the cool mini bundts.
- Keep uneaten mini bundts covered tightly in the refrigerator and take them out 10 minutes before serving, so they come to room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.