This yummy recipe for mango slushies is a naturally sweetened treat.
It is sweetened purely by delicious fresh mango and orange juice. This is a dairy free recipe so if you want something creamy without the dairy, we got you covered.
Table Of Contents
When are mangoes in season?
The good news is that some type of mango is always in season. If you live in the United States you will always have access to some type of mango that is in season.
Should you use fresh or frozen mango?
You can use fresh or frozen mango in this recipe. We are using fresh mango but frozen mango would be perfectly fine.
The advantage of using frozen mango is that it is already peeled and cubed.
The advantage of using fresh mango is that you will likely get a juicier and fresher flavor.
What are the health benefits of mango?
Mango is low in calories and high in fiber. It is high in antioxidants and vitamins such as A, C, iron and Vitamin E. Read all about the health benefits of mango here.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- ¾ c. fresh orange juice
- ½ c. water
- 8-10 large ice cubes
- 4 spears of fresh rosemary
- 12 small mango chunks
- Wash and rinse the mango. Then peel and cube the mango into ½” cubes.
- Prepare garnish by threading mango cubes onto the fresh rosemary spears. Set aside.
- Add mango, lime juice, orange juice and water to a blender. Pulse the mixture until it is fully combined.
- Add ice to blender. Blend until the ice is crushed and mixed in thoroughly.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with rosemary spears and serve.