How to Make a Cape Cod Cocktail in 6 Simple Steps
If you love to knock back cranberry juice and any alcoholic beverage that has cranberry juice in it, then you have definitely come to the right place!
I love cranberry juice, and if it were up to me, I would have cranberry juice cocktails and cranberry margaritas all day long, virgin during the day of course! 😍 In the past, I only ever used to have my favorite cranberry juice drink, the Cape Cod cocktail, when I would happen to wind up at my favorite local bar.
However, I was tired of having to wait to have a glass of this great drink. So, one day, after a tiring workday, when all I wanted was to have this refreshing cocktail but was too tired to go out, I decided to learn how to make a Cape Cod cocktail!
Now, whenever I get the urge to have this delicious beverage, I head to my kitchen, take out the ingredients, and mix a Cape Cod cocktail for myself. The best part is that the alcohol content is so low in a typical Cape Cod that I don’t worry about having it mid-week!
Here is the easiest Cape Cod recipe ever!
How to Make a Cape Cod
The best part about the Cape Cod cocktail is that it is so easy to make. It hardly ever takes me more than 2 minutes to make it. You need to pour all the ingredients over ice in your glass, stir the drink, garnish it, and then serve it. You don’t even need to take out the cocktail shaker to make this easy and refreshing cocktail.
So, here’s how you can make a Cape Cod cocktail:
Things You Will Need
Here are a few things that you will need to make a Cape Cod:
These measurements are for one serving of the Cape Cod cocktail, so make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly if you plan on making more than one glass of this tart yet delicious drink.
Here’s how you can make this delectable cocktail:
- First, carefully measure out the cranberry juice and vodka.
- Fill a highball glass or a rock glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the cranberry juice and vodka in it.
- If you have used unsweetened juice, then make sure to add at least half an ounce of simple syrup to your drink. Add more if you like our drink to have a sweet flavor.
- Gently stir the ingredients with a bar spoon for about 20 to 30 seconds. This will mix the ingredients and dilute your drink. It will also help the ice to chill your drink just perfectly.
- Take a thin lime slice and squeeze it into your drink. You can also throw it into the glass as is or wedge it into the rim when serving it to guests.
That’s pretty much it! You can now sit back and sip on this revitalizing glass of Cape cod cocktail.
What Goes in a Cape Cod
Typically, the Cape Cod cocktail drink has two ingredients in it – 1 part vodka and 1 to 4 parts cranberry juice, according to your taste. The drink is served in a highball glass and often on the rocks. You can also add a thin slice of lime to it or daintily wedge the lime into the rim of the glass.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to remember when making and serving a Cape Cod cocktail:
Why Is It Called a Cape Cod?
The ever-popular vodka cranberry drink is called the Cape Cod or the Cape Codder as a way to pay homage to America’s unofficial cranberry capital Cape Cod. When it comes to growing and harvesting cranberries, the Massachusetts peninsula is inarguably the most popular American region. So, it stands to reason that a drink that has cranberry juice in it as its star ingredient is after a place renowned for growing the tart berries.
The Bottom Line
A Cape Cod is just the perfect cocktail to have after a tiring workday. However, you don’t always have the energy to head to the bar and enjoy this delightful drink, especially not on a weekday. However, from now on, whenever you are craving this delectable cranberry cocktail, you can make it yourself!
Just follow this guide on how to make a Cape Cod cocktail in 6 simple steps. Do make one at home, and don’t forget to experiment with the different variations of the classic vodka cranberry drink that I have mentioned in the tips.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and make yourself a refreshing glass of the Cape Cod cocktail now!
- Cranberry juice
- Lime wheel
- Ice cubes
- Simple syrup (optional)
- Bar spoon
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the measured cranberry juice and vodka in it. (Add at least half an ounce of simple syrup if you use unsweetened juice.)
- Stir the ingredients with a spoon bar for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Take a thin lime slice and squeeze it into the drink.
- Serve and enjoy!