This chilled cucumber and avocado soup brought up strong feelings in this house.
Personally, I found this soup super refreshing.
This is the perfect chilled soup for a hot summer day when you want something light but also tasty.
I loved this soup and our daughter loved this soup.
Andi hated it at the first bite.
Then we had two friends try it and one loved it and another hated it.
So please do let us know what you think after you make it.
One of the advantages of this soup is that you can make it in advance and then keep it in the fridge to serve later.
My food processor was not quite big enough, so I just used my blender.
The disadvantage of using a blender for a dish like this is that it is a bit more challenging to scoop all of the soup out after it is mixed.
A food processor is more shallow and makes it easier to empty all of the liquid.
- ½ c. chicken stock
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 ½ c. Greek yogurt
- 2 avocados
- 1 shallot
- 2 T fresh dill
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 ½ t. ground cumin
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- Dash of pepper
Prep the cucumbers and dill:
- Wash and dry the cucumbers completely.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber into ½” chunks.
- Roughly chop the dill.
Note: There is no need to seed the cucumber.
Mix the soup:
- Add all of the ingredients into your food processor or blender.
- Blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
Chill and serve:
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Pour soup into serving bowls.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and a sprig of deal.
- Add a dash of sea salt to the top of the soup.
This soup was so easy to make.
If you feel that the soup is a bit too thick, feel free to add in a few tablespoons of water.