Try this twist on the traditional with a Soju Cape Cod Cocktail! Bright, lightly sweet with a tangy finish, this adult beverage uses Korean vodka for a new flavor infusion.
It just can’t get any easier than this gorgeous, red, and ice-cold sipper of a cocktail!
Drinkable and delicious, this cocktail only has four ingredients—three if you don’t count the ice!
We discovered soju when our food stylist and editorial assistant Tabitha came on board and introduced us to all-things-Korean.
It’s a vodka that comes in many flavors, just like the usual vodka brands you’d otherwise see here in the U.S.
Make a simple syrup from our recipe here.
I used to wonder why simple syrup was necessary for drinks because it seemed like an extra step, but it’s basically so that your sugar is already dissolved and mixes easily into cocktails.
No one wants a pile of sugar at the bottom of their cape cod cocktail glass.
- We used Original Cranberry Juice Cocktail, which is sweetened, but you can use 100% cranberry juice (just know that it’s super SUPER sour without sugar, so you’ll need to add more simple syrup to this recipe).
- This recipe is just for one serving so you can start over for each drink instead of doing the math.
Steps to make this Soju Cape Cod Cocktail
Step 1: Gather your tools and ingredients. Add ice to your cocktail shaker.
Step 2: Measure your Soju with the cocktail measuring glass and add to shaker.
Step 3: Pour cranberry juice into the cocktail shaker.
Step 4: Add the simple syrup to shaker.
Step 5: Cap the cocktail shaker and give it five or six hard shakes.
Step 6: Switch out the cap and add the cocktail strainer to the top. Strain into martini glass.
Step 7: Slice lime “wheel” and make a cut halfway to the center. Add to rim of glass.
Supplies to gather
- Cocktail Measuring Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Shaker Strainer
- Martini Glass
- Cutting Board
- Soju (Plain or Unflavored)
- Cranberry Juice
- Simple Syrup
This mostly unadorned and simple drink is light and delicious, but it still packs a punch.
Are you a big fan of Korean food and drink?
We have a few more delicious things you might like to see:
- NEW: Soju Martini Cocktail Recipe
- Authentic Korean Rice Bowl (Bibimbap) Recipe
- Top 13 Soju Cocktails
- 25 Korean Side Dishes You’ll Love
- 13 Korean Appetizers
- 23 Korean Soups To Try Now
- BEST Korean Desserts
- 2 oz Soju (Plain or Unflavored)
- 3 oz Sweetened Cranberry Juice
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Lime Slice
- Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Measure then add all cocktail ingredients to the shaker.
- Place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- For the garnish, cut the lime into a “wheel” and cut slice halfway to the center.
- Add lime slice to the edge of the glass.
- Enjoy while chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Epure Milano Collection 4 Piece Stemmed Martini Glass Set - For Drinking Martinis, Manhattans, Vodka, Gin, and Cocktails (Martini Glass (6 oz))
Mixology Bartender Kit: 10-Piece Bar Set Cocktail Shaker Set with Stylish Mahogany Stand | Perfect Home Bartending Kit with Bar Tools and Martini Shaker for Foolproof Drink Mixing (Copper)
Kolder Mix N Measure Glass, Multi-Purpose Liquid and Dry Measuring Cup, 6 Units of Measurement, Heavy Glass, Red