So, here’s a confession: I’m a massive fan of tasty calzones! With their crispy shell on the outside and delicious filling of choice on the inside, it’s just hard to say no to these tasty little pockets – calzones are simply the perfect comfort food for any occasion!
If you’ve been wondering how to reheat a calzone, you’re in for a treat!
What you need to know when reheating calzones is that not every method can reheat them perfectly. The trick to making a leftover calzone taste as fresh as it once was while maintaining its crispy texture and gooey filling is reheating it the right way.
Here are all the ways you can reheat your calzone and some other tips you can use to enjoy your delicious pocket of goodness!
How to reheat a calzone in the oven
Since most foods taste the best when they are out of the oven, it is no surprise why reheating calzones in the oven is the most common method.
Here is how to reheat a calzone in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the calzone out of the fridge and place it on a baking sheet on a tray.
- Next, spritz some oil on the calzone. This will give it a nice golden and crispy finish.
- Place the calzone in the oven and allow it to bake for about 20 minutes. If you have placed the calzone from the freezer, it might take longer— around 30 minutes— to bake thoroughly.a
- After removing the calzone from the oven, cut it through the center to check if the filling has heated through thoroughly.
- If the filling does not seem to have heated through properly, place it back in the oven and keep checking after every 5 minutes.
- Remove the calzone from the baking sheet and allow it to cool slightly before serving it.
How to reheat a calzone in a skillet
A skillet is not the best way to reheat a calzone, especially compared to an oven. However, it doesn’t take as long as the oven does. Although it’s a quicker method, it requires some skill and vigilance as you don’t want to burn the crust while reheating it. Here’s how to reheat a calzone using a skillet:
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Place the calzone onto the skillet and allow it to cook for around 2 minutes or until the side is crispy and brown.
- Flip the calzone on the other side and allow it to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Adjust the heat down to low.
- Add four drops of water on to the surface of the skillet away from the calzone.
- Cover the skillet with a lid.
- Then allow the water to create steam.
- Remove the calzone from the skillet and allow it to sit for a minute before serving.
How to reheat a calzone using an air fryer
An air fryer is a great way to reheat a calzone because it leaves the outside of the calzone crispy and golden. Not only that, but it also heats it in a few minutes.Here is how you can reheat a calzone using an air fryer:
- Switch the air fryer on and set it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the calzones inside for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, check if the calzone is thoroughly heated through by cutting it from the center.
- If it’s not, you can heat it for a few more minutes.
How to reheat a calzone in a microwave
Here’s how you can use a microwave to reheat your calzone:
- Place your calzone on a dish or tray.
- Place the tray in the Microwave for a minute or two.
- By this time, if you think that your calzone is not piping hot, you can put it back in the oven for a few seconds.
Tips on storing leftover calzones
If you have leftover calzones, you can store them in your fridge or freezer until you need to reheat them again.
Here are some tips on storing your leftover calzones so that when you take them out to reheat them, they are fresh:
- Place the calzone in an airtight container if you want to place it in the fridge.
- Wrap the calzone in an aluminum wrap or foil if you want to place it in the freezer.
- Your calzone should stay fresh for up to three days in the fridge and three days in the freezer.
What is the best way to reheat a calzone?
Now that you know how to reheat a calzone, you might be wondering which method is the best. We recommend that you use an oven to reheat your calzone because it gives the best results. By using an oven, your calzone will taste fresh and crispy.
Why we don’t recommend reheating a calzone in the microwave
Microwaves are very convenient since they heat in no time, whether the leftover is stored in a freezer or fridge. But when it comes to a calzone, you might not want to use this method. Though the microwave may seem like the easiest way of reheating your calzone, it’s perhaps the worst method as it will make the crust of the calzone very soggy. It will also lose all of its crispiness, and a crispy crust is the best part about the calzone. Though it may leave the filling piping hot, it will turn the entire calzone into a hot mess.
The bottom line
Now that you know how to reheat a calzone, what are you waiting for? Go take out your calzone from your fridge, reheat it, and enjoy! Use the methods mentioned above, but avoid using a microwave if you don’t want to end up with a soggy hot mess!
How to reheat calzone
Here's everything you need to know about reheating a calzone in the oven. Learn the smartest tips and tricks in this guide.
- Baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take the calzone out of the fridge and place it on a baking sheet on a tray
- Spritz some oil on the calzone and place the calzone in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Removing the calzone from the oven. Then, cut it through the center to check if the filling has heated through thoroughly.
- Place it back in the oven and keep checking after every 5 minutes of the filling doesn't seem to have heated through properly.
- Remove the calzone from the baking sheet and allow it to cool slightly before serving it