This creamy fruit salad recipe is sweet and creamy. It is made with greek yogurt, berries, apple, and pineapple chunks.
Fruit salad is a fantastic side dish. We eat it year-round but in the spring and summer, it is even better because there are so many fruits in season.
This fruit salad is easy and quick to put together. This makes it perfect for a quick dinner side dish or for a summer party dish.
Whatever your reason for making it know that the recipe is super flexible.
While we have listed our favorite ingredients below know that you can switch it up based upon whatever fruit you have on hand.
For example, if you don’t have apples add pears instead.
Tips on making this recipe
- Wash and dry all of your fruits thoroughly. Drying the fruits prior to cutting them and adding them to the fruit salad will aid in keeping the salad from getting too soggy.
- Try variations of different fruits. This is our ideal mix of fruit for this creamy salad but if we are missing a specific fruit we will either leave it our add in something different such as fresh pears instead of apple.
- We tend to use canned pineapple for this recipe because it is easier. However, if you want to have that super fresh flavor consider buying some pre-cut pineapple chunks from the supermarket. If you are feeling really ambitious buy a whole pineapple and cut it yourself.
- Be gentle when mixing the greek yogurt and fruit. Berries, strawberries in particular bruise easily. Too much mixing can make your salad soggier as well.
- If you don’t have greek yogurt you can substitute sour cream. It is a popular ingredient in creamy fruit salads.
- If you are adding banana to this fruit salad at it at the last minute. It tends to turn brown quickly. Likewise
You make also like these tips:
How do you keep a fruit salad fresh?
The key to keeping a fruit salad fresh is to keep it in a sealed container and keep it cold. If you are at home keep the airtight container of fruit salad in the refrigerator.
If you are at a park or a picnic keep the fruit salad in the iced cooler.
When you are ready to serve some salad pull it out of the fridge, serve everyone and return it right back to the fridge.
This will extend the life of the fruit salad.
Can I make fruit salad the night before?
Yes, you can make fruit salad the night before but some of the fruit may not be visually pleasing. We add a teaspoon of lemon juice to our fruit salad to help keep the fruit from turning as brown.
We recommend that if you are adding banana to your fruit salad that you cut that up and add in at the last minute.
How long does creamy fruit salad last in the refrigerator?
Creamy fruit salad can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator. To keep it fresh make sure that you store in an airtight container.
A tip is to store it in as small of a container as possible because that means less air is circulating in the container.
Fruit salad should not be left out a room temperature. Only remove it from the fridge as you are serving it and then quickly return the remainder to the fridge.
Can you freeze creamy fruit salad?
We don’t recommend freezing creamy fruit salad. You can freeze fruits and berries separately and then make the fruit salad after defrosting the fruit later.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 c greek yogurt
- 1/2 c marshmallows (optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry all of the whole fruit. Drain the can of pineapple, if using canned fruit.
- Cut the apples, strawberries into chunks. Slice the grapes in half (optional step).
- Add all ingredients to a large glass bowl.
- Mix gently until all of the fruit is fully coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid. Store in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g