We wanted an easy to make no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe.
Sure, it needs to be yummy, but we are far more likely to actually make it again and recommend it if it’s EASY.
Besides, Oreos are our favorite cookie.
I love no bake dessert recipes. They are so much less intimidating for new cooks and make life easy for seasoned cooks too.
And let’s be honest here from the start. It is difficult to beat the rich flavor of a traditionally baked cheesecake.
Cheesecakes are one of my personal favorite desserts.
As a matter of fact, I tend to order cheesecake as my decadent dessert out above all other desserts.
The only exception to that rule is if the restaurant offers creme brûlée.
This recipe only has a handful of ingredients but do keep in mind that it needs to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
In our recipe below you will note that we start with an Oreo cookie crust that we purchased. You can use crushed Oreos and make your own crust with melted butter if you would like.
Since we are trying to keep this as an easy dessert we bought the crust in advance.
To make your own crust you would add Oreo cookies to a food processor. Then you would grind the Oreos until they are fine crumbs.
Note: If you don’t have a food processor you could put the cookies in a baggie or plastic wrap and crush them with a rolling pin.
Then add those crumbs to a large bowl of melted butter and combine the two.
Finally, you would spread that mixture into a pie plate.
By the way, you could make the crust with golden oreos just to be a bit different.
Also, if you make your own crust you could make it a crunchy oreo crust instead of super fine like a typical graham cracker crust.
Be comfortable experimenting.
About the topping
We use chunks of oreo all in this cake. So it is jammed with cookie crumbs and oreo crumbs.
Therefore, if you personally feel like maybe it is going to be overwhelming you can leave off the topping.
Since we are an oreo lover household we like to jam as many of them in there as we can.
The bottom line
This no-bake oreo cheesecake recipe is easy to make and the best part is that you don’t need to use the oven.
It combines the creamy filling of chilled cheesecake with the famously addicting Oreo cookie.
So next time you are trying to pick between cheesecake recipes give this one a try.
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust
- 2 8-oz. packages of fresh cream cheese
- 1 c of powdered sugar
- 2 T high quality vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 c of heavy whipping cream
- 16 Oreos, divided
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- With a hand mixer, beat the two packages of room temperature cream cheese until fluffy/creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue beating.
- Add the vanilla and continue beating.
- Set cream cheese mixture aside.
- Chop up 10 Oreos into bite size pieces.
- In a new bowl, add the heavy cream. Use a whisk or a hand mixer with clean beaters to whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks. I like to use an immersion blender too, as it works quickly, but watch it carefully as cream can quickly turn to butter.
- Fold in the whipped cream and chopped Oreos to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Incorporate without overmixing.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the filling to your Oreo pre-made crust. Spread evenly, keeping the filling toward the center, and not going over the sides of the crust.
- Chop up the remaining Oreos for the topping.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, but overnight is better. If serving immediately the filling will be loose.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g